Did you know we are a sleep deprived nation? Alarmed? You should be. The reality of losing sleep is quite grim. But, it’s not time to panic. It’s simply time to improve our bedtime routines. Here are 10 bedtime Ayurvedic rituals that will give you the gift of better sleep.
1. Deep Ayurvedic Sleep Herbal Milk
You Will Need
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 tbsp Chopped dates
- 2 tsp Chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp Coconut meat or flakes
- ½ tsp Saffron (1/2 tsp)
- 1-2 tsp Ghee
- 1/8th tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- Add all the ingredients to milk and bring it to boil slowly. You can add 1/8tsp of Shatavari or Ashwagandha to the milk. Once the milk, herbs, and spices are cooked. Turn off the flame, add raw honey.
- Drink one cup of this hot milk each night for 3 months to rebuild ojas levels and support sleep patterns.
- You may substitute milk with non-dairy milk such as almond, coconut or any other milk of your choice. Though you won’t get the benefits of the milk peptides, you’ll have a vehicle for the ojas-building foods and herbs, and some calming benefits from the warmth of the milk.