Beat 1/2 cup cream cheese, 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar, 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 2 tsp lemon juice with an electric mixer for 3 min until smooth and refrigerate. Combine 1/4 cup strawberry preserves and 1 cup strawberries. Pulse 1/3 cup almonds and 4 dates. Layer the 1st mix and 1/2 of 2nd mix and 1/2 of the 3rd mix. Refrigerate 2 -3 hours and serve.
I am always on the hunt for delicious healthy alternatives to yummy dessert recipes! Your kids will LOVE these!
Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves, no sugar added (I used Polaner All Fruit)
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 4 dates, no sugar added
- 8 Mini dessert dishes, 3-4 ounces
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, greek yogurt and lemon juice, beat with an electric mixer until smooth and sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine preserves and strawberries.
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until a crumb consistency, being careful not to turn into flour. Add dates and pulse until combined.
- Evenly divide 1/2 almond and date mixture among the dessert dishes. Top with 1/2 cheesecake & yogurt batter, spoon in 1/2 strawberry mixture, add one additional layer of each. Refrigerate 2 -3 hours before serving.
These desserts are perfect for preparing ahead of time and enjoying it to satisfy that sweet craving. This mini dessert can be placed in a freezer safe dish for enjoying at a later date.