It's time to shed the winter laziness and begin your workout. Let's get to know some easy, total body exercises that we can try from our very homes.
Winter sleep is officially over and it’s time to get you moving again with my new Total body toning workout video!
To get you back in the workout groove, I’ve created an intense yet, easy total body toning workout that can be performed from the comfort of your home. It’s especially designed for beginners, but if you’re already a bit more advanced, simply double the reps!
To warm up, do 30 seconds of high knees or running in place, then rest for 20 seconds. Repeat for a total of three rounds. After warming up, you’ll be ready for the workout. Complete 8 reps of each of the four moves for one round. Do four rounds total and track your time!
Here are the 4 workouts.
1. Push-Up (On Knees)
- Lie prone on the floor with hands slightly wider than the shoulder width.
- Bend your knees and raise your body up off the floor by extending your arms with your body straight.
- Keep your body straight and knees bent, lower the body to floor by bending your arms.
- Push the body up until arms are extended.
- Repeat for 8 reps.
- Start in a standing position.
- Lower your body into a squatting position and place your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back while keeping your hands firmly on the ground to support your body.
- Jump your feet back to their original position, stand and then jump into the air while clapping.
- Repeat 8 reps as fast as possible.
3. Plank + Jumping Jack
- Lie with your face down on the floor, push yourself off onto your toes and mainly rest on your elbows.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and always look down at the floor.
- Jump with both legs to the side, as if you’d perform a Jumping Jack.
- Jump with your feet back into the middle.
- Repeat 8 times.
Modification: If this is too challenging to begin with, raise one foot off the floor and tap to the side. Perform the same movement with the other foot. Each tap counts as one rep.
4. Scissors Or Lunges
Start in a lunge by extending your right leg behind your body with your knee almost touching the ground and your heel off the floor.
- Bend your left leg to the front.
- Make sure your left knee is in alignment with your toes.
- Engage your core, pull your shoulder blades back and down and push off the bottom of both feet into a jump.
- In mid-air, switch the position of your feet and land in a basic lunge with your left leg in front.
- Repeat without rest.
The scissors are quite challenging and if you’re really just starting out, do the lunges instead:
- Start from a standing position and keep your upper body straight.
- Step forward with one leg, keeping the core tight.
- Lower your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Put the front leg back to meet, change legs.
- Repeat 8 times.
After you’ve done 8 reps of each exercise – you’ve completed ONE round. You’ll do FOUR rounds in total!
Don’t forget to track your time and share it in the comments below!
If you’ve enjoyed this workout, please let me know and share it with your friends! It’s so much more fun to workout together.