1. Start lying on your back, lift legs up in tabletop position and engage the abdomen. Stretch arms forward, extend legs to a 45 degree angle. Pump the arms vigorously up and down. 2. Sit with legs extended, pressing palms to the ground 6 inches behind the butt. Lift hips up, and try to touch the balls of both feet to the ground. Hold for 2 counts and repeat 10 times.
Curejoy Expert Dipti Mothay Explains:
These exclusive Pilates-based workouts will sculpt your abs, arms, butt, and thighs and will help you get a perfectly toned Beach-Ready Body. As you go through each exercise, try and keep the six fundamental Pilates principles in mind: centering, concentration, control, precision, breath and flow.
Pilates workout for a beach body:
This is a traditional Pilates warm-up, it gets the blood flowing and warms up the core. It works the entire core regions, hips, buttocks, thighs and arms.
– Start lying on your back and make sure your entire spine is pressing in to the mat, lift your legs up in the air to a tabletop position and engage your lower abdominals.
– Stretch your arms forward as you lift your head and neck up off the mat, gaze at your belly button, extend your legs out to a 45 degree angle (or keep them bent in tabletop if you are a beginner).
– Start pumping the arms vigorously up and down. Breathe in for five pumps and breathe out for five pumps.
Front Plank/Back Support
Works the arms, chest, back, legs, glutes, and abs
– Sit with legs extended and toes pointed, pressing palms to the ground 6 inches behind your butt, fingers pointing to your back.
– Engage your abs and arch upper back slightly.
– Press body weight into your hands and lift hips up, forming one line from ankles to shoulders.
– As you lift hips, try to touch the balls of both feet to the ground.
– Hold for 2 counts, then return to starting position; repeat 10 times.
Double Leg Straight Leg Stretch
Works the lower abs especially, and the buttocks, hips, waist, scapula and obliques muscles.
– Place your hands behind your head with elbows wide, lift your head and neck up and extend your legs straight up to the ceiling with the heels together, toes turned out.
– Engage your lower abs and behind your upper thighs.
– Keep your head and neck lifted as you lower and lift your legs without letting the lower back come off the mat and while pressing the ribs down into the floor.
– Repeat eight to 10 times.