Preheat oven to 350F. Place salmon fillets (1 lb) on a greased oven dish and cook for 10-12 mins. To make basil pesto - Blend a cup of basil+2 tbsp parsley+juice of 1/2 a lemon+1/2 tsp sea salt+3 tbsp olive oil+3 walnuts+1 garlic clove into a puree. Plate a salad - 8 cups mixed salad greens+1/2 red onion (sliced)+1 cucumber. Place salmon on it and top it with basil puree.
I love salmon. I also love pesto which makes this wild salmon with basil pesto a recipe to come back to over and over again. I personally make a dairy-free basil version that is still packed with flavor. You can enjoy the pesto on any fish, making it really versatile.
- 1 lb wild salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups mixed salad greens- (romaine, arugula, endive)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 350F. If cooking in oven, place salmon on a greased oven dish. If cooking on barbeque, use wire mesh container or cook in greased aluminum foil.
- Cook salmon for approx 10-12 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
- Wash and dry salad greens and place in a bowl. Add in chopped cucumber, red onion, and tomatoes. Many of my followers tell me that they cannot eat tomatoes, so you can leave the tomatoes out of this recipe.
- To make basil pesto, wash and dry basil and parsley. Place basil and parsley in food processor. Add in lemon juice, sea salt, olive oil, walnuts and garlic.
- Place salad greens on plate. Place salmon on top of salad greens and top salmon with basil puree.