Curejoy Expert Gina Hodge Explains:
Tinnitus is the medical term for ringing ears, which is characterized by an occasional ringing, hissing, roaring, whistling, buzzing or tinkling in the absence of any external sound. In Ayurveda this condition is known as “Karnanada“.
Ringing ears can arise anywhere along the auditory pathway, from the outer ear through the middle and inner ear to the brain’s auditory cortex. Studies have shown that tinnitus is more common in people aged above 40 and men in general seem to be more affected by this condition than women.
What Causes Tinnitus
1. A buildup of earwax
2. Damage to the hair cells in the cochlea (auditory portion of the inner ear).
3. Sleep deprivation.
4. Some drugs such as aspirin, antibiotics, antimalarial drugs etc. may cause or worsen tinnitus.
5. Ear infections or injury to the inner ear following certain surgical procedure or radiation therapy to the head or neck.
6. Excess fasting, severe weight loss and excessive exercise.
7. Dental or other problems affecting the mouth.
8. Drinking an excessive amount of alcohol or caffeinated beverages.
9. A rapid change in environmental pressure.
10. xcessive consumption of bitter substances like medicines or vegetables.
11. Depletion of minerals due to over indulgence in sex may also cause tinnitus.
12. Certain diseases such as Meniere’s disease, Acoustic neuroma, Anemia and Labyrinthitis.
13. Vascular problems, such as high blood pressure(hypertension).
14. Neurologic disorders such as multiple sclerosis or migraine headache.
Ayurvedic Management For Tinnitus
– Warm and oily food such as butter and fat should be taken in food.
– Dry fruits and bitter tasting foods should be avoided.
– Sweet and sour foods should be considered.
– Spices such as cinnamon, ginger, cumin, cloves and cardamom should be included in your diet.
– The consumption of nicotine, cocaine or caffeine and alcohol should be avoided.
– Fresh vegetables, fruits, garlic, sea vegetables and kelp should be consumed.
Life Style Management
Certain habits which will help in curing or preventing tinnitus in the long term are as follows:
– Oiling your hair daily and massaging your whole body with oils like sesame oil.
– Applying the extract of Maidenhair tree in the ear or ears affected with tinnitus.
– Practicing deep breathing techniques.
– Avoid watching excess television and excessive usage of computers.
– Avoiding extremely cold environment.
– Exposure to sounds with high frequency should be avoided.
Thus by taking stock of your diet, physical activity, sleep, stress level and also by taking steps to improve your general health, you can effectively reduce the severity and impact of ringing ears.
I have been a patient of tinnitus ringing ears
since 5 years. I had tried a lot of anti viral meds
prescribed to me by doctors over the years but I
could not see any improvements in my
symptoms. One day while going through the
internet , i got to know about this great Herbal
Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing
people,quickly i contacted him. After few weeks
the improvement were very visible. Outbreaks
has stopped and the sores started to heal. I
would recommend this to all my
friends,families,around the globe suffering from
tinnitus ringing ears.you can contact the Dr
through his email on
[email protected] call him on +2348146154388 thank you very much doctor
Gracy, I'm sorry you had to endure that from your childhood. It's terrible to think anyone would harm a child. I'm sorry it happened to you.
The tighter my neck muscles get the louder mine ring...not sure if mine is jaw related or not anymore. I've had it off and on for almost 30 years after a dentist broke my jaw :(
I know why well not actually why all the time but I know how to help stop it I had it anyone can line came from though a tiny little pin hole in my ear that could be just a little infection and you need antibiotics but mine wasn't that I had to have the big B brain surgery but I know all about ringing in the ear or tendonitis as they call it and I know things that will help it or stop it the long Doctor don't that's when you ask dear Jade find me as the question for a little fee I can help
After years of tests the bottom line is no cure. Tinnitus does not get funded well for research so I expect to have it until I die.
My left ear mostly rings 24/7. I believe it does as a result of a right handed child abuser, my whole childhood.
I have tinnitus for a year now and it's started after i had a flu shot! !its always ringing, hard to go to sleep!i hate it,i would not wish it on my worst enemy! !!:((
My left ear has been ringing constantly for about a year now. It seems to be getting louder. Wish It would stop. Had an MRI but it didn't show anything wrong.
i have this happening even when there are other sounds. it's just louder when everything else is silent.
" Exposure to sounds with high frequency should be avoided. virtually impossible if you live anywhere near traffic.