Amazing health benefits: stimulates circulation, improves digestion, treats arthritis, prevents cancer, is good for skin, and stabilizes blood sugar levels. Other benefits include: suppressing appetite, reducing fatigue, preventing tooth decay, boosting immunity, cleansing the liver, treating sunburn, treating varicose veins, and helps in weight loss and treats anemia.
Wheatgrass contains around 19 types of amino acids and over 90 minerals and is considered as one of the most healthiest herbs today. In fact, it has been said that just about one ounce is equivalent in nutritional value to more than 2 pounds of leafy green vegetables! Wheatgrass is usually referred to as “liquid sunshine” due to its high content of chlorophyll. Have a look at all the health benefits that this wonder herb has to offer:
Health Benefits Of Wheatgrass
1. Stimulates Circulation: Wheatgrass increases the oxygen content in the blood, which effectively stimulates circulation. Apart from just drinking wheatgrass juice, you could also apply the juice using a cotton ball on both the face and neck, so the blood vessels get dilated and it increases circulation to the surface of the skin.
2. Improves Digestion: Wheatgrass has alkaline minerals that prevent digestive problems like constipation, diarrhea, and even stomach ulcers. It even helps in cleaning your bowels of impacted matter and mucous. Regular intake of wheatgrass will help you refrain from digestive disorders.
3. Prevents Cancer: Wheatgrass has detoxifying properties, which helps keep blood clean and the red blood cell count high. Cancer thrives in a low-oxygen environment, so the wheatgrass contributes to cancer prevention. Apart from this, Wheatgrass is also recommended to those undergoing radiation treatment to help reduce the side effects of these treatments.
4. Treats Arthritis: Wheatgrass contains tons of chlorophyll which is beneficial for arthritis. Chlorophyll fights inflammation which is associated with joint pain.
5. Bad Breath and Body Odour: Wheatgrass has detoxifying properties which helps wash away toxins from the mouth, skin and body. Regular consumption helps you get rid of body odour.
6. Good For Skin: Wheatgrass helps clear scars and acne. It can also help eliminate free radicals in your body, which prevents premature aging. It also keeps your skin elastic making you look younger. By regenerating cells, wheatgrass juice can also treat skin wounds and help them heal faster. Create a paste by combining a pinch of turmeric, wheatgrass powder, and milk. Apply the fresh paste on your face to get rid of white and blackheads. This paste can help rejuvenate your skin.
7. Clears Sinus Congestion: Wheatgrass helps clear sinus by removing toxins and breaking any mucus formed. Either consume wheatgrass in the form of juice, or inhale it through your nose.
8. Blood Sugar Levels: Wheatgrass improves glucose and lipid levels. This makes it a great tool for managing diabetes and stabilizing blood sugar level.
Wheatgrass also has several other benefits like suppressing appetite, reducing fatigue, preventing tooth decay, boosting immunity, cleansing the liver, treating sunburn, treating varicose veins, helps in weight loss and treats anemia.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff
I have read about the many benefits of wheatgrass and would like to know where I can get it and what would be the quantity that we need to have every day and also the cost of it..
Holistic Chef Barry is a student of the late Anne Wigmore ( The Wheat Grass Lady ) The only difference in the chemistry of blood plasma and wheat grass is that wheat grass has the mineral magnesium and not the hemoglobin iron as blood has . The standard American diet SAD is deficient in magnesium . Holistic Chef Barry
I take wheatgrass(dried). Now I am going to grow nd also want others to grow nd supply to max people for a healthy life. I already experienced d benefit. Joji Mathew, sujitha, Unnikrishnan Velayudhan, Prasanth VS, Ramabhadran Sreedharan, Kolappan Achari, geetha thomas, Amala Reju