Add 1 straw minced lemongrass, 1 oz thinly sliced galangal, and kaffir lime leaves (2 pieces) into 1 cup of boiling vegetable stock. Simmer for 30 secs. Add 1 cup coconut milk, 1 oz straw mushroom, and 3-5 pieces bird’s eye chilies (seeded, thinly sliced). Bring to a boil. Stir in 1.5 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1/2 tbsp sugar, and 1/2 tsp sweet chili paste. Sprinkle cilantro. Dig in!
To go along with my coverage of my time in Thailand, I thought I’d share one of my favorite thai dishes with you.
A vegan Tom Kha Khai Soup recipe!
It’s light, a bit spicy, full of flavor and oh so good! Be transported instantly without having to leave your dining room table!
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 straw lemongrass, minced
- 1 ounce galangal, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces kaffir lime leaves
- 1 ounce straw mushroom
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3-5 pieces bird’s eye chili, seeded and sliced into thin strips (lower amount if you want mild spice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet chili paste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium pot, bring vegetable stock to a boil.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves. Stir and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, mushrooms and chilli and bring to a boil.
- Add in soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and sweet chili paste. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Serve, garnish with cilantro and enjoy!