Press down 2 cups sauteed, shredded hash brown potatoes+1/2 cup diced onions on a 9” pie plate. Bake 8 mins at 375 deg. Top with 1/2 cup mozarella. Cook 2 sauteed garlic cloves in 2 tbsp olive oil. Add 1/2 cup each diced onions + mushrooms, 3 cups spinach, 1 cup diced tomato. Lay over cheese. Add 4 whisked vegan eggs, 1/4 cup vegan milk, pepper, salt, vegan bacon bits. Bake 30 mins.
Mmmm, who doesn’t love a frittata! Savory and perfect for a lazy brunch. And now, vegans have an egg substitute that is soy and gluten-free and perfect for frittatas!
This vegan frittata breakfast pie recipe combines all your breakfast faves like hash browns, eggs and even bacon! Enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced onion, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup-1 cup chopped mushroom
- 4 vegan eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond, soy or cashew milk
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Vegan bacon bits, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil and saute hash browns with half of the diced onions until well incorporated.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; press down the Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes/onion mix into the pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven. Top with shredded mozzarella and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute garlic for 1 minute, until fragrant. Then add spinach, remaining diced onions, mushrooms and tomato; cook for 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and spread sauteed vegetable mix over potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over all ingredients in the pie pan until covered and to the rim. Top with vegan bacon bits.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and enjoy!