Everybody loves a good french toast. They are an easy dessert to make. You could treat yourself a healthy vegan french toast for breakfast or anytime of the day. All you need are six ingredients! One slice of this amazing french toast contains only 97 calories.
Who doesn’t love a good french toast? It’s quick, easy, and yummy! You could have them anytime of the day. Even when you’re snug in bed, a french toast can make your insides feel all warm and cozy.
Here is a special recipe that requires no eggs. It’s healthy, vegan, and requires just a few items you could find easily.
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds or flax seed (ground into a fine meal)
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 slices bread (use a sturdy rustic bread or it can turn out soggy/soft)
- Mix all ingredients except the bread in a large, shallow bowl. Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to medium heat and grease with 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Dip each slice of bread in the batter for about 20 seconds on each side. If your bread is dry, leave it in a little longer.
- If you’re using sandwich bread, it should only need 25-30 seconds total to soak.
- Place on griddle and cook until golden brown on the underside. Carefully flip and cook until the other side is golden brown as well – 3-4 minutes.
- Go with any desired toppings.
Serving size: 1 slice
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
Sugar: 3.2 g
Sodium: 170 mg
Fiber: 3.2 g
Protein: 4.8 g
You could side your french toast with healthy options. You could go with freshly cut strawberries or blueberries. Eat the toast while it’s still warm, and enjoy!