Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice 1 large sweet potato into 1/4″ thick slices. Spread the slices evenly in a greased baking pan. Bake for 30 mins, flipping once throughout. Saute, diced 1/2 bell pepper+1/4 red onion+1 mushroom in olive oil. Add 1.5 c canned black beans to it, cook for 10-15 mins. Layer slices and veggie/bean mix on a plate and top it with Tofutti sour cream.
Sweet potato + nachos. Need I say more?
Probably not, but I will anyways! My first introduction to sweet potato nachos was by a coworker. She warmed up her lunch and filled the office with this amazing smell of sweet and savory deliciousness.
I had to know what it was and that is when she said it, “sweet potato nachos”. Now I just had to recreate it my way.
When I told my sister about my dinner plans, she asked if the whole thing tasted strange from the sweet potato. It may be hard to think of sweet potatoes and nachos going together.
But, I promise you, the sweetness of the sweet potatoes “makes” this whole dish. Give it a try! These sweet potato nachos are sweet and salty, filling, colorful, and easy!
Sweet Potato Nachos [Recipe]
Makes 1-2 servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 bell pepper (I used yellow to add color), diced
- 1 white mushroom, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (canned)
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1-2 tbsp Tofutti sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Lightly grease pan with coconut or olive oil, spread out sweet potato slices in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping once throughout.
- While sweet potato is baking, prep the bell pepper, onion, and mushroom and add to a lightly greased saucepan and heat over low-medium heat.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to veggie mix in sauce pan, cover and heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Once sweet potato is done, layer slices and veggie/bean mix on a plate.
- Top with diced tomato and Tofutti sour cream.
I had some leftover veggie/bean mix and made a nacho-loaded sweet potato the following day!