Boil 1 gallon filtered water, add favorite dried or fresh herbs. Add 1 cup if dry herbs and 3 cups if you're using fresh. Boil for 10 minute and steep for another 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl. Sit over the bowl on a slatted chair without underwear. Use a towel to create a tent over the bowl and steam your vagina and the surrounding areas for 20-30 mins.
Curejoy Expert Dipti Mothay Explains:
Vaginal steaming in Chinese medicine is used to relieve stagnation and coldness in the body, and in Eastern medicine in general it is used to dilate the blood vessels, increase blood circulation, provide oxygenation and relax the pelvic floor muscles.
What To Know About Vaginal Steaming?
- The best time to do vaginal steaming is after your period and it is discouraged during it.
- You should also avoid vaginal steaming if you believe you may be pregnant.
- Typically vaginal steaming lasts for about twenty to forty-five minutes and care should be taken to avoid using steam too close or too hot so as not to burn or irritate the sensitive vaginal tissue.
- The most important thing regarding the herbs you use is to make sure you are knowledgeable about them.
[Read: Vaginal Health Tips]
Traditional Herbs For Vaginal Health
- Rose petals
- Chamomile and others
How To Do A Vaginal-Steam Bath At Home?
- Boil about 1 gallon of filtered water and add your selection of dried or fresh herbs.
- Use about 1 cup of dried herbs .If you use fresh herbs, triple the amount as dried herbs are generally more potent and concentrated than fresh herbs.
- Boil for 10 minute and continue to steep off of the stove for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then pour the herbal water into a bowl. Sit over the bowl comfortably on a slatted chair without your underwear.
- Put a towel or a blanket around your waist and create a tent over the bowl.
- Steam your vagina and the surrounding areas for about 20 to 30 minutes.
It is completely normal to experience some cramping or have a vaginal discharge after your steaming, especially if you are doing it for the first time.
People will believe anything \U0001f602If your vag is "stagnant" (fucking gag me), you need a Doctor and a prescription, not steam.
Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know about the steam method, although I used some herbs before to clean the vulva area instead of using a douche which can cause cancer, taking probiotics every day helps to mantain vaginal health as well. I was going to throw away my steam tool to replace for a new one, now I'll get another one for my face and I'll use it for my vaginal detox, because is still working ;)
This is Facebook ..... Sharon Felber. You are taking my comment way too seriously. It was meant to be humorous. ( I'm a Acupuncturist and I educate women....so yes... I know what herbs can do)
Wow, the negativity is rampant with this one. Not everyone has vaginal issues from sleeping around. Don't judge, you might need this info one day. Ever use a tampon? How about all those toxic chemicals the cotton is grown with? Not good for delicate vaginal tissue.
Hi everybody, Curejoy...I got 4 percent, and you? Test now h9Z7Dof \U0001f338 start now ->> http://goo.gl/NpWnfe ... good article of page: CureJoy Best Of 2015: What Is Vagina Detox And How To Do It At Home? ==>Read All Top 50 Articles Here ==> ...bit.../CurejoyTop50
this is part of your body should not be funny about it take care of your body the only one that you have
It's a very delicate questions . If a woman take care of her sex she will the most desirable same for man.
Shemara, Lol, Lol. "She's" the only part of me other than my heart I have left, that I'm Not taking a pill for. Lol LOl, lol....
Douche is bad. Your uterus can take care itself. I only wash the outside only. Peri soap and cold water
Hey all the stuff that flows in and outta there shoot you need a deep cleansing every now n then the over doing it is what kill you water and vinegar in a beautifully set bath does the body wonders
Douche is bad for your vagina, it destroys natural flora and causes imbalance as well as destroying natural lubrication!
Yikes!!!!! Just like a cave- if no one visits it, does graffiti in it or litters in it should be fine.
Well this is probably a cultural tradition for Eastern Medicine, so I don't want to disrespect or offend any cultures or religions. However, I would use this method for a steam on my face...