Pomegranate juice can protect against the formation of fatty deposits within the walls of arteries. When your arteries get clogged, there is a reduction in oxygen circulation and blood flow. Consumption of pomegranate reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the vessel walls, which protects the vessels against the formation of ominous plaque.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition provided evidence that pomegranate’s juice has potent antiatherogenic effects. In other words, pomegranate juice can protect against the formation of fatty deposits within the walls of arteries. This was connected to the fruit’s antioxidative properties.
Pomegranate is rich in polyphenols and other antioxidants. These play an important role in the prevention of atherosclerotic lesions and decrease oxidation of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol.
There are many other studies which confirm that pomegranate reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the vessel walls, which protects the vessels against the formation of ominous plaque.
What Happens When They Get Clogged?
Your arteries are important and delicate. They are necessary for normal everyday body operations and the proper circulation of blood from one organ to another.
When your arteries get clogged, there is a reduction in oxygen circulation and blood flow. Also, during irregular processes, plaque is accumulating in the arteries that surround the heart, which is why it’s not just one artery that requires attention but rather a bigger problem that could damage your cardiac system.
Pomegranate has the following, scientifically proven, properties:
- It has anti-inflammatory effect – inflammation often plays a major role in the development of chronic conditions, including heart disease.
- Reduced heart enlargement.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties – secondary viral and bacterial infections often develop due to plaque buildup, including hepatitis C and Chlamydia pneumonia.
- It is a powerful antioxidant and reduces oxidative stress in the blood.
- Reduced accumulation of lipids in the heart muscle.
- It lowers blood pressure. Pomegranate juice has natural angiotensin converting enzyme inhibiting properties, and is a nitric oxide enhancer, two well-known pathways for reducing blood pressure.
- Reduced monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and fibrosis in the myocardium.
- Reduced ECG abnormalities.
Thanks. I request you to provide negative effect or other precaution e.g. which combination is harmful etc.
Cita Balangatan ano po b name ng pomogranate sa tagalog. Tga bulacan po ako. Need po yan ng brother ko na may aneurysm sa aeorta.