Add 2 towels to the mix, to make Sliding Lunges, Mountain Climbing, Side Glide Lunges, Pike Ups and Knees In-Knees Out even more fun and super effective. This workout gets your heart rate up and targets several different muscle groups. Challenge yourself and perform these exercises back-to-back for 4-5 sets with minimal intervals to get a sweat going!
I know how demanding life can be with family, work, and social responsibilities. Sometimes, the thought of working out is an unappealing and impossible feat. I hear reasons and excuses all day, every day!
Shorter Workout When You Have Less Time
Making fitness a priority, setting time aside, and being as efficient as possible to maximize your time is the key to getting your workouts in. There is no longer a need for 90 minute or 2-hour workouts. If you have time, then more power to you! But if you’re limited on time, like I am, then you have to make good with what you have.
There are so many options these days that don’t need you to even leave your home for a workout. YouTube videos, on-demand workouts, TRX exercises and so on.
Check out my workout that requires 3 things:
- 20 mins
- 2 small towels.
Perform these 5 exercises back to back with minimal intervals and feel the burn.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place the towel under the right foot and begin to slide the towel back, bending both knees into a right angle.
- Track your front knee in line with your toes, making sure it does not move.
20 repetitions on each leg.
- Start in plank position with one towel under each foot.
- Make sure your shoulders are directly above your hands, the body is straight and abdominals are engaged.
- Slide right leg into your chest, and slide it back.
- Slide the left leg in and back.
- Begin to move faster while maintaining a straight posture.
- Climb for one minute and widen your legs on the last 15 seconds.
Side Glide Lunges
- Stand straight with a towel under your right foot.
- Slide right foot out to the side keeping the leg as straight as you can, while left leg bends and hips lower into a squat.
- Keep the chest up when lowering your hips.
- Engage the adductors (inner thighs) and slide the right leg back to the left leg.
- Repeat and then switch.
20 repetitions on each leg.
- Start in plank position with both feet on a towel.
- Shift your weight forward into the arms and draw your abdominals in sliding your feet to the hands.
- Keep your legs as straight as you can.
- Slide back into plank pose to start again.
- Engage your abdominals to avoid the hips from dropping when sliding back to plank.
Knees In/Knees Out
- Start in plank position with both feet together on a towel and shoulders directly over the hands.
- Use your abdominals to pull both knees in towards your chest then extend legs back out into the plank.
- Slide both knees to the outer right arm then slide back to plank.
- Repeat on the left and then back to the middle.
- Keep your weight in the hands and your arms strong throughout the set.
- Slightly bend your back to engage your Serratus anterior muscles and refrain using the lower back for support when sliding back to plank.
15 repetitions (middle, left, and right is considered 1 rep).
There are so many exercises you can do with a towel, but these are my favorites. This workout gets your heart rate up and targets several different muscle groups. Challenge yourself and perform these exercises back-to-back for 4-5 sets with minimal intervals. There’s no way you won’t get a sweat going!