Whether you pray, meditate or both, give yourself at least 30 mins of "quiet time" everyday. It will help you regain your energy, balance, and perspective amidst the hectic pace of everyday life. Seek activities like getting out in the sun, doing yoga, or sharing a good laugh with friends. This will help you relax, paving the way to a vibrantly happy and healthy life.
Have you noticed how time seems to be accelerating? Time literally does “fly by” and life appears to happen so quickly!
Instead of complaining about how quickly time passes. I decided to give some thought about how I could leverage the quick passing of time to my advantage.
Since time is passing so quickly I want to find a way to accelerate all the good that I know our creator has. Hence my 5 ways to accelerate wellness, joy, and peace!
5 Secrets Of Living A Vibrantly Happy And Healthy Life
1. Make It A Priority To Spend Quiet Time Everyday
Since time goes by so fast these days we do not take the time to slow down enough for quiet time. This is a mistake. We need that down time.
We need to just stop, be quite and allow our thoughts to slow down…or better yet “STOP”.
Whether you pray, meditate or both, plan to take at least 5 minutes a day. Whether it is first thing in the morning, during the day, or before you go to bed.
Taking the time to be quiet has huge benefits. It can lower your heart rate, blood pressure, and help your body to relax.
It allows you to hear that inner voice that leads, guides and directs you, helps you to make better decisions while getting rid of overwhelmed, and stressed out feelings.
2. Increase Your “Happy” Hormones
Do something that brings you joy, makes you laugh, everyday. We spend a lot of time on “serious” stuff. All the more reason to begin to look for the “joy”, the “happy” in every situation.
There are many health and wellness benefits to having more laughter in your life.
To name a few – it reduces your anxiety and depression, helps you sleep more soundly, improves blood flow and circulation, boosts your immune system, and improves your memory.
3. Start Living A Life Of Gratitude
Focusing on the good in your life not only helps you feel better, but you will find yourself looking at life in a more positive way. There is so much for which to be thankful!
Take a moment and think of 5 things you are thankful for right now. Bet it did not take that long; did it?
No matter how small, we need to focus on those things in our lives that are positive rather than focusing on negative stuff that happens in the course of a day.
Living a life of gratitude has many benefits as well. It improves your physical health (few aches and pains, less illness!), your self-esteem and enhances your mental strength.
It is good for the heart (improves hyper-tension!), helps you sleep better, and strengthens your relationships as well.
4. Learn How To Minimize The Impact Of Stress
Stress can lead to chronic disease, heart disease, obesity and cancer. It is difficult to get rid of all the stress we encounter on a daily basis. But, we can minimize how it impacts our bodies.
Here are a few things that can help your body out during stressful times:
- Eat foods that fortify your body when you are stressed.
- Get out in nature for just 15 minutes – take a brisk quick walk, it is amazing how much better you feel!
- Journal – write about how you are feeling, what happened that upset you, that caused you frustration and/or anger. Get it out!
- Take a yoga – a wonderful movement for the body that focuses on breathing, stretching, and strength all of which are excellent when minimizing the impact of stress on your body.
5. Take Better Care Of Your Temple
You have heard this before. I know you are aware of the importance to take better care of your “temple”, your body.
It does not have to be difficult. In fact if you just stick to the basics it will take you a long way to living a better and happier life.
- Do 30 minutes of movement a day (you can split it up if you want – 15 min. in the am and 15 min. in the pm).
- Drink half your body weight in water (add lemon to it and detox your liver!).
- Get enough rest (sleep 6 to 8 hours…take a 15 minute quick nap during the day if needed).
- Go to your medical practitioner and find out what is happening with your body and then if something needs to be addressed – address It!
- Increase your self-care and self-love.