Preheat oven to 300°F. Meanwhile, carve a pumpkin and clean out the seeds (leave the seeds pulpy to add more flavor!). Toss 1.5c pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or a dab of olive oil, salt to taste, and seasonings of your choice. Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for about 45 mins, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Who does not love pumpkin seeds right out of the oven? This is one of my favorite times of the year! You can carve a pumpkin, clean out the seeds and get a delicious snack for the family.
There are numerous health benefits of adding pumpkin seeds to your diet:
- They are rich in fiber and boost your protein daily intake.
- They are alkaline forming which is “very” important in this highly acidic environment we live in. Cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline body.
- Pumpkin seeds can help elevate your mood. The seeds are rich in the amino acid tryptophan which is important in producing serotonin, the happy chemical.
- They are rich in zinc which will help strengthen your immune system.
How To Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- While it is ok to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor!), clean off any major chunks.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
This time of year does not have to be all about candy and over-consumption of junk food. Added sugar will not only stress your body, but lower your immune response. Make this healthy alternative and make everyone happy!!