Symptoms: Chest pain that may increase with coughing or breathing, persistent cough which may interfere with sleep, shortness of breath, shooting pain that travels down the arm and shoulder, sudden weight loss and loss of appetite, feeling tired or weak even after adequate rest and any persistent lung infection like bronchitis and pneumonia.
Lung cancer is very common these days, caused mainly due to smoking. However, this may not be the only cause. Lung cancer is responsible for nearly 160,000 deaths per year in the U.S. Like most cancers, the key to increasing the odds for survival are early detection, which can be a little difficult to figure out in lung cancer compared to the other different types of cancer. Make it a point to consult your doctor if your experiencing one or more of these symptoms.
Lung Cancer symptoms:
1. Chest pain: Lung cancer patients usually experience chest pain which may worsen on coughing and breathing. You may experience pain in the areas that surround the lungs, as they are subject to inflammation.
2. Cough: We might tend to ignore cough as a symptom. However, if you are experiencing persistent cough, there’s reason to worry. This cough may also interfere with sleep and may be similar to cough resulting from allergies or bronchitis. Get it checked by a doctor.
3. Shortness of breath: If you have difficulty breathing or catching your breath, it may be a sign of lung cancer. You might experience difficulty in catching your breath while performing certain activities, that you could do without any difficulty. You might even feel like this when you’re not exerting yourself.
4. Shoulder pain: You might have not heard this before, but shoulder pain is associated with lung cancer. It usually occurs due to tumors in the lung putting pressure on the phrenic nerve that’s located near the lungs. Lung cancer may also cause shooting pain that travels down the arm.
5. Weight loss: Sudden weight loss and loss of appetite is another symptom of lung cancer. It’s often the release of certain chemicals that are triggered by lung cancer that can increase the metabolism and result in weight loss.
6. Fatigue: Feeling tired or weak frequently can be a sign of lung cancer. This feeling may not go away even with adequate rest.
7. Persistent infection: Any lung infection like pneumonia or bronchitis which keeps returning repeatedly is a sign of lung cancer. Also sudden wheezing should be checked immediately.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff
Take 2 lemons, extract its juice and add water to dilute the juice. The ratio of water with lemon should be double. Since lemon is acidic, it can lead to premature hair graying and hence add enough water to dilute it. Add this waterto scalp and let it remain for 5 minutes. Wash your hair using a shampoo. This is a guaranteed treatment to permanently get rid of dandruff quickly in one day.