For dressing mix 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar+1 tbsp olive oil, set aside. Wash 2 bunches of Swiss chard (cut off stems) and chop it. Saute 1 minced garlic clove+2 sliced green onions in a 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the chard, a pinch of salt, cook until leaves soften. Transfer in a large bowl. Toss in canned beans, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds and a cup of strawberries. Drizzle dressing.
If you love Swiss chard, you will love this Swiss chard salad.
It’s a great lunchtime salad for home, work or even a picnic. Enjoy your favorite seasonal summer fruit in place of strawberries if you wish. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and easy to make!
- 2 bunches of rainbow Swiss chard, washed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 (398ml) can of butter or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- For dressing mix balsamic vinegar with olive oil and set aside.
- Wash Swiss chard and cut off stems. Chop Swiss chard on an angle.
- In a large frying pan add olive oil, garlic and green onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add in Swiss chard, a pinch of sea salt and cook for 1 minute or until leaves are soft.
- Remove from heat add to a large bowl. Add in beans and strawberries and drizzle with dressing.