Mix together (all powdered) 3 tbsp Ashwagandha, 1 tbsp cardamom, 1 tbsp pink rose petals, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp licorice root. Store in airtight container. In a pot add 1 tbsp chai mix to 2 cups water (or milk or water/milk in 50:50 ratio). Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 mins. Strain spices and add 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp coconut oil.
I have a new blend that I am really enjoying right now that I want to share with you!
Ashwagandha Rose Evening Chai, just one big YUM!
There is really no end to the variations of a chai blend. You can just keep tweaking it until you get it just right for your taste.
Chai is so easy to make, it is good for you and it is so satisfying! Once you get a few chai blends made up, it will be easy to just whip out a super healthy and nourishing drink whenever you feel like it.
For parties and gatherings you can quadruple the recipes and make big batches. Chai is the perfect thing to serve after dinner with dessert or as the after dinner treat.
Recently, we had dinner at a friend’s house and I brought chai for dessert, everyone loved it!
Ashwagandha Rose Evening Chai Recipe
- 3 tablespoons ashwagandha powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered cardamom
- 1 tablespoon powdered red or pink rose petals
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon powdered licorice root
- Mix powdered herbs and spices together
- Store them in an air tight container out of direct sunlight
- Put 1 tablespoon of Ashwagandha Rose Evening Chai mixture into a pot with 2 cups liquid
- The liquid ingredient can be all water, all milk or half water and half milk
- Bring liquid and spices to a boil in a pot with the lid on
- Turn stove down to low and simmer on lowest heat for 10 minutes
- Strain spices from liquid
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil and stir well
This chai is full of calming, grounding herbs that set you up for relaxation. When you make this chai with warm milk, the milk also contributes to calming your nerves and helping you to relax.
Ashwaghanda: It is a nerve tonic that tonifies the nerves, helps with stress and anxiety and promotes deep, relaxing sleep.
Pink rose petals: These are calming to the nervous system. Rose petals help reduce irritability and nervous tension. Rose petals in your chai can help you to relax and feel more peaceful.
Licorice root: It is nourishing to the adrenal glands and helps to create a calm and balanced feeling.
Cardamom: It is also a nourishing spice that supports the nervous system and of course it adds delicious flavor.
Nutmeg: The pinch of this magical herb will also add a bit more calm to the chai. Nutmeg milk decoctions are a specific remedy for insomnia. If you have trouble sleeping, this chai can help you.
This blend is one of my more recent chai blend adventures, I hope you enjoy it!
Happy Chai Drinking!