Spinach Tortillas: Blend spinach with a cup of water. Add 3 cups white flour and 3 tbsp canola oil. Knead into a dough. Make balls and roll out until thin. Cook on a pan until they turn brown on both sides. Vegan Scrambled Eggs: Mix 1 package firm silken tofu, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp agave, 1 onion, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp paprika, salt, and pepper. Top with some grated cheddar.
Have you ever made homemade tortillas before? What made me want to make them is not the fact that there are no vegan tortillas out there because there are lots, you just have to read the ingredients! But vegan or not, all the tortillas and bread out there have a lot of sodium, and I like to keep my added salt low to feel my best. So here are some spinach tortillas with no added salt! Enjoy!!
Homemade Spinach Tortillas [Recipe]
- 3 cups white flour + more for rolling the tortillas (you could probably use any kind of flour, but I have not tried any other kind yet)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup water
- A handful of spinach (optional)
*Makes approximately 10 tortillas!
- First, blend the spinach and water, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll into balls and with a rolling pin, roll out the dough really thin (about the size of your pan).
- Oil the pan and put your tortillas in and flip over.
- Cook until it turns a bit brown and transfer to a pan.
- Cover them with a dish towel so that they do not get hard.
Vegan Scrambled Eggs [Recipe]
Now for the vegan scrambled eggs! These are easy. You do not even need to cook them. What I used for the eggs or “vegg” as I called it is:
- 1 package firm silken tofu
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp agave (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 medium sized onion
- A pinch of salt and pepper and any other spices you would like (as per taste)
Literally just mix all the ingredients together! Easy.
On top, I have cheddar cheese and some lettuce! Yum!