Soak 1 cup dates for 2 hrs until soft. Blend dates and 1 tsp vanilla extract into paste. In a mixing bowl, stir date paste and 1/2 cup almond butter. Gradually add 3 tbsp coconut flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg, 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Scoop 1 tbsp batter and roll over shredded coconut. Refrigerate and serve.
I thought about calling these Spiced Coconut Truffles…but decided on a more refined name. The trick is to soak the dates before you put them in the food processor. This makes the truffles super gooey and decadent.
Spiced Chocolate Coconut Truffles Recipe
Adapted from a recipe from Whole Foods Market. Serves:20
– 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 2 hours
– 3 Tbsp Coconut flour
– ½ cup almond butter
– ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– ¼ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– ½ tsp nutmeg
– ¼ tsp sea salt
– Unsweetened Shredded Coconut for rolling
– Put the dates and vanilla in the food processor and pulse until they’re a nice date paste.
– Transfer the date paste to a mixing bowl and stir in the almond butter until well combined.
– Gradually add the coconut flour tablespoon by tablespoon and spices until everything is mixed together.
– Scoop out 1 Tbsp of batter at a time and roll into truffles.
– Roll the truffles in shredded coconut.
– You can serve them immediately if you like really gooey truffles, or refrigerate them for 20 to 30 minutes for firmer truffles.
Careful though– they’re slightly addicting.
As with all of the sweet treats I make, I usually give a lot away to friends or freeze them so that I don’t eat them all at once. Giving them away makes them even more special– I look forward to making them because I don’t have them often.
How often do you make sweet treats? What’s your favorite kind to make? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Yummy love the coconut, hum!......dates...and w what about the coco which removes the over sweetness, just be careful...not to much caffeine it will make you heart race,\U0001f61c\U0001f61c\U0001f61d
Greek Cookies http://trytherecipe.com/greek-cookies/