Grind 1 1/2 cup of buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa or a combination coarsely. Warm ghee in a pan and add your ground grains. Fry for 5 min until golden, add nuts of your choice in the mix and fry for 2-3 min. Add 2-3 cups of boiling water, stir well, simmer and cook for 30 min, stirring once in a while. When you see fat separating on top, take off heat and enjoy.
Starting your day with a warm and healthy breakfast will fire up digestive power (agni) and give you a headstart for the day. Our recommendation is to pair this with coffee made for your particular body type (dosha).
Simple Ayurveda Breakfast Recipe
What You Will Need
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh grains, finely ground. You can use quinoa, gluten free oats, barley, amaranth or buckwheat. A combination of these would work too
- 3-4 tablespoons organic homemade ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 handful of chopped organic Medjool dates
- 1 handful of soaked almonds or other nuts of your choice
- 2-3 cups of boiling water
- Grind the grains coarsely and set aside.
- Warm ghee in a pan and add your ground grains. Fry the grains for 5 min until they are golden and you get a warm fragrance from them.
- Meanwhile boil the water in a kettle.
- Add your choice of nuts and fry together with the grains for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the hot water and stir well.
- Simmer and cook for 30 min, stirring once in a while
- The porridge is done when the fat starts separating on top.
- Serve with toppings of your choice like berries or chocolate.