Who is feeling stronger abs? Did you remember to add an extra serving of vegetables and fruits? Here is the new 5-minute workout for week 3.
Who is feeling stronger abs? Did you remember to add an extra serving of vegetables and fruits? We have got to eat good to show off those ab muscles!
Here is the new 5-minute workout for week 3. If you started the challenge on the 1st, your week 3 starts Thursday the 15th. If you started on Friday or Saturday, you can start week 3 on the 16th or 17th, respectively.
Add at least one extra serving of vegetables and fruit each week. Try to compound this so you are up to 4 extra servings a week by the end of the month.
Week 3 – Complete this 5-minute workout every morning and evening:
- Plank Up Downs – 30s each side
- Bridges – 1 min
- Single Side Bicycle Crunch – 30s each side
- Backwards Lunge To Knee Up With Hands Behind Head – 1 min each side
Plank Up Downs
- Start in high plank position with hands right under shoulders.
- Starting with R side lead, bring your right elbow and forearm down to the ground, then your L elbow and forearm down to the ground so you are in low plank with elbows right under shoulders.
- Continue with R side lead, bring R hand to the ground under your R shoulder and press up to high plank by pressing your L hand into the ground right under your L shoulder. To make this easier you can bring your knees to the ground.
- Continue with your R arm lead for 30 seconds, then switch to L arm lead (where your L elbow and forearm come down to the ground, then your R; and pushing up first with the L hand then R hand) for 30 seconds.
- Lying on your back with arms along side your body, knees bent and feet flat on the ground hip distance apart.
- Press into your feet and your hands to lift your hips into a “bridge” position.
- If you feel your low-back working more than the back of your legs, do not lift up as high.
- Pull your stomach in tight to roll down your spine trying to get your low-back to touch the ground before your tailbone, returning to the starting position.
Single Side Bicycle Crunch
- Lying on your back with hands supporting your head, bring legs out to about 45 degree angle.
- If your low-back is lifting off the ground, raise your legs higher or bend your knees as much as you need to keep your back flat.
- Cross your L shoulder towards your R knee. You are not trying to touch your elbow to your knee, you are trying to lift your L shoulder blade off the ground to cross as your R knee pulls in.
- Return to starting position and continue crossing L shoulder to right knee, keeping your head off the ground and your hands supporting your head.
- After 30 seconds, switch to R shoulder crossing towards L knee for 30 seconds.
Backwards Lunge To Knee Up With Hands Behind Head
- Starting standing with hands behind your head, keeping shoulders away from your ears. Step R foot back to a backwards lunge, where you are on your R toes and you can bend into both knees keeping most of the weight into your L leg and L heel of your L foot.
- You do not need to bend into your knees any further than 90 degrees or even less if you have any knee pain.
- Pressing through your L leg come up to stand with your R knee up or at least trying to keep your R foot off the ground.
- Continue to hinge back to lunge and stand using your L leg for 1 minute.
- Then switch to your R leg lunging and balancing with your L leg stepping back to the backwards lunge for 1 minute.
September Ab Challenge: Week 3 Workout Video
Here is a video that shows a couple seconds of each exercise: