Last week of the ab challenge! Keep up the motivation to strengthen your abs, trim up your waist line, as well as make it stronger with exercise.
Last week of the ab challenge! Keep up that motivation! Continue adding a serving of veggies and fruit so we can trim up that waist line, as well as make it stronger with exercise.
Here is the new 5-minute workout for week 4, which is Thursday the 22nd to Wednesday the 28th.
Add at least one extra serving of vegetables and fruit each week. Try to compound this so you are up to 4 extra servings a week by the end of the month.
Week 4 – Complete this 5-minute workout every morning and evening:
- Low Plank With Lateral Toe Taps – 45s to 1 min
- Side Plank Hold – 30s each side
- Single Leg Bridge – 30s each side
- Back Extension With Alternating Elbow Pull – 45s to 1 min
- Walking Toe Touches – 45s to 1 min
Low Plank With Lateral Toe Taps
- Starting in low plank, with elbows directly under shoulders. Bring your L toe out to the side, without shifting your hips, to tap your toe very lightly to the ground then bring it back to center.
- Switch to your R toe tapping to the side then bring it back to center.
- Continue alternating L and R toe taps in low plank for 45 second to 1 minute.
Side Plank Hold
- For side plank on your R side, your R hand is directly below your R shoulder. Legs are straight and feet are stacked.
- Lift your hips and L arm up towards the ceiling to make a right-triangle with your body. See first picture below.
- If that is too much pressure on your R wrist, you can come down to your R forearm so your elbow is directly below your R shoulder.
- If this is too difficult, you can bend your L knee and bring your L foot in front of you planted on the ground. See second picture below.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds, then switch sides for 30 seconds.
Single Leg Bridge
- Lying on your back with arms along side your body, knees bent and feet flat on the ground hip distance apart.
- Lift your R foot up towards the ceiling, press into your L foot and your hands to lift your hips into a “bridge” position.
- If you feel your low-back working more than the back of your L leg, do not lift up as high.
- Pull your stomach in tight to roll down your spine trying to get your low-back to touch the ground before your tailbone, returning to the starting position.
- Continue for 30 seconds, then switch to your R foot on the ground and your L foot lifted towards the ceiling to complete the exercise for another 30 seconds.
Back Extension With Alternating Elbow Pull
- Laying on your stomach, with arms overhead and legs straight. Keep your L arm straight while pulling your R elbow back towards your ribs, lifting the R side of your chest and looking to the R.
- Return your R arm overhead to the starting position and switch to your L elbow pulling back towards your ribs, lifting the L side of your chest and looking to the L. Keep your stomach tight the entire time instead of letting it push down into the ground.
- Continue alternating elbow pulls for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Walking Toe Touches
- Standing with arms overhead, raise your R leg as straight and as high as you can while bringing your arms straight forward.
- You are not trying to lean forward and actually touch your toes, keep your back upright and pull your stomach in tight to help lift your leg.
- Return to starting position, then lift L leg in the same manner.
- Continue alternating for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
September Ab Challenge: Week 4 Workout Video
Here is a video that shows a couple seconds of each exercise: