Roasted Parmesan Green Beans Recipe
Roasted parmesan green beans are an addictive side to any 20 minute meal (or less!) They only take about 10 minutes in the oven and it’s a clean recipe. YAY! I love those.
I’ve really gotten into studying up on my quick weeknight meals type of recipes. I could spend however much time on dinner and make it as fancy as I wanted but, these days (thanks to my new little baby!), if I start a recipe like that there’s no guarantee I can finish it or at least not without help.
Since baby cold Texan joined us, I have been determined to drop the pregnancy weight ASAP and get back to a proper clean eating regimen.
I did my best during pregnancy but, those darn hormones foiled my plans with dreams of giant, dancing BLTS (not kidding, I really did have that dream). I try not to eat bread but, I love it and I had no resistance. Now, I’m back to my clean eating habits.
On another note, since becoming a new mom, I have loved roasting as my favored style of cooking for the ease of prepping a pan and in the oven it goes until the timer goes off. In the mean time, I can pick my baby up and snuggle her or whatever she needs, and everything comes out fabulously.
I always get excited when the stores have haricot vert style green beans on sale. They’re so yummy. Any kind of green beans will work with this though. My favorite thing to pair this dish with is my parmesan crusted chicken.
It really is the perfect 20 minute meal with overlap of ingredients for minimal prep time. The only problem with this meal is, I like it so much that I want to go back for seconds and then I end up eating too much. Self control. Where can I get some of that?
- 1 lb french green beans (haricot vert), ends trimmed
- 1/2 lb grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 3-4 tbs (or more) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- On a large baking sheet spread out the green beans and tomatoes
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and then sprinkle garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper evenly over the veggies and hand toss to evenly coat. If you like you can top with more parmesan
- Roast for about 10-12 minutes, until green beans start to turn a little golden
- Serve immediately.