Diet for rheumatoid arthritis is very important in the treatment. Rheumatoid arthritis is a complex and chronic disease, involving many systems. In Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, diet advice is as important as Panchakarma therapy and the Ayurvedic medicines. Since Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease (long-standing), the dietary restrictions are to be observed for a long period of time...
Diet plays an important role in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a complex and chronic disease, involving many systems. In Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, diet advice is as important as Panchakarma therapy and the Ayurvedic medicines. Since Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease (long-standing), the dietary restrictions are to be observed for a long period of time as well.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet Plan Helps
- Avoid worsening of joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Avoid worsening of gastro – intestinal health.
- Avoid ‘Ama’ formation – a state of impaired digestion and metabolism, which is the main cause for Rheumatoid arthritis, according to Ayurveda.
- Avoid imbalance of Kapha and Vata, which in turn worsen stiffening, pain and inflammation.
Healthy Eating Habits
First thing first. It is mandatory for a rheumatoid arthritis patient to follow healthy eating rules and Ayurvedic eating tips. It is very important to correct the stomach and intestine health first. There can be many diet to improve digestion metabolism etc, but it will be more fruitful if there is discipline in eating.
Foods To Avoid
Anything that is heavy to digest, that takes long time to digest, is to be avoided. Ayurveda enlists the following foods to avoid in Rheumatoid arthritis –
- Curd: Curds are not ideal to take in Rheumatoid arthritis as it affects stomach health.
- Sea Food: But some research shows that fish oil, rich in omega 3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can reduce stiffness, pain and inflammation.
- Contaminated water, cold water, frozen food stuff: Causes increase in Vata and Kapha leading to increase in pain and stiffness.
- Contrasting food: Avoid contrasting foods such as milk with fish, etc.
- Black gram.
- High fat meat, mutton etc.
- Food that are heavy to digest, deep-fried stuff, junk foods, aerated drinks are a strict no no.
Click to read causes and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- A disciplined approach to life is a must for rheumatoid arthritis patients.
- Ayurveda advices a few diet restrictions. Avoiding certain types of food goes a long way in helping the improvement of joints.
- Since Rheumatoid disease is a chronic disease, long term diet restriction is needed.
http://www.westcoastnaturals.com/productsdesp.php?ftype=J#.VgG6kRFdGUk try it works for me
Turmeric is such a good anti inflammatory love the stuff also take omegas! Essential oils are good to Rub into joints a blend like ginger eucalyptus juniper and peppermint mixed with flaxseed oil or coconut then rub twice a day to effected area.
http://www.curejoy.com/content/lose-weight-effortlessly/ You can refer to the link! Will help you lose weight favoring your health conditions! Good luck and get well soon!
sympathy for those with rheumatiod . for regular arthiritis from repetitive movement. avoid potato and tomato for dinner , they are nightshades related to belladonna and youll be hurtin the next mornin if you have not worked them off before bed
Hey guys.. try having Moringa powder/capsules .. http://mymoringa.myshopify.com/pages/benefits
My Drs are not giving me meds yet and they dont want to go the route of cortisone shot. Advanced Osteoarthritis in Hip. Naproxen and ibuprofen could be bad when taken alot over long period of time. Any good suggestions since hip surgery will be after I lose weight.
Yes. Go online and get some good organic turmeric. Mix about 2 tbsp with a cop of coconut oil and 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper. I've been taking this for more than a year and it has helped me so much. Take a spoon full a few times a day. Follow with warm liquid. The combination of all 3 I gredients makes it more available for your body to use.
This is all wrong! The accent is on food that is good like oils and oil rubs. It doesn't state much at all!!!!
Kindly post the diet that could help out those suffering from Multiple Sclerosis. Thank you. @Ayurveda