Improves digestion, helps loosen and flush out toxins. Vitamin C boosts immunity by keeping away cold and flu. Gives you an instant boost of energy. Lemons assist in fighting hunger cravings and aid weight loss. Lemons are anti-bacterial in nature. Potassium and magnesium benefit brain and nerve health. Is an anti-oxidant and reduces cancer risk.
Ayurveda recommends morning rituals that work to align the body with nature’s rhythms, balance the doshas and foster self-esteem and self-discipline. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning is one important ritual that provides tremendous benefits to your overall health.
Lemon juice provides a high amount of Vitamin C. One lemon gives 30.7 mg Vitamin C, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The recommended daily amount is 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men. People who consume more Vitamin C have more efficient digestive systems than people who don’t.
7 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning
1. Improves Digestion: Lemon juice helps loosen and flush out toxins from the digestive tract. Lemon juice can help ease indigestion, heartburn, and bloating. It also helps to move your bowels in the morning, hydrate your colon, and stimulate bile production.
2. Boosts Immunity: Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system and fight cold and flu.
3. Boosts Energy: Lemon water gives you an instant boost of energy and improves your mood right at the start of your day.
4. Assists Weight Loss: Although lemon water on its own is no weight loss miracle, it can definitely help you achieve faster and long term results. Lemon water is satiating, helping you overcome the urge to snack in between meals.
5. Is Antibacterial and Antiviral: Lemons have antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help fight the flu, cold, and soothe a sore throat.
6. Boosts Brain Power: The high levels of potassium and magnesium in lemon water are beneficial for brain and nerve health. Lemon water can give you the boost you need to fight depression and stress.
7. Fights cancer: Lemon’s antioxidants also reduce the risk of several types of cancer.
Thank you for these amazing post. Very informative. :) I'm very excited to share these to my patients.
This persistent one angers me. Not only is it untrue, but my dentist tells me that he is seeing a lot people with eroded tooth enamel from all the lemon water they're drinking. Drinking lemon water in the morning adds more acid to your empty stomach, which can cause you to have an upset stomach and acid reflux. Moreover, there is nothing miraculous about lemon, especially on the 'detox' front. Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning if you must, but chase it with a glass of plain water to rinse the acid off your teeth. Don't brush your teeth right after drinking lemon water, which will grind the acid further into the tooth enamel, eroding it more.
First of all, the combination of lemon and water is one that is made up of natural ingredients; natural substances (those without any kind of additives, preservatives or processed elements) are the healthiest for the human body. Due to lemon water being natural, it adds no calories to your body each time you drink it. Think of it in this way: Let's say you replace whatever you enjoy drinking daily with lemon water. This could be anything as innocuous as fruit juice or really unhealthy stuff like soda. Even fruit juices contain calories, but lemon water has zero. This absence of calories you would otherwise take in from other kinds of drinks will go a long way to helping you lose weight. When I was on the 3 week regime, reviewyu. co m/3-week-diet-program-lose-20-pounds-21-days, I would drink lemon with water daily and lost 40 pounds.
Just one glass of water and lemon juice can do wonders for our health.http://healthfooddream.com/what-can-make-a-glass-of-water-with-lemon-for-our-health/
@Gvsinghal - YES!
the acid is hard on the teeth, but it helps to wait at least a half hour after consumption before brushing your teeth.
Simple plain water is best.Take a glass full in the morning empty stomach.Very useful in the long run
Yes Steph the same after having juices you should not brush your teeth (not that I drink juice) and also FB spinning the benefits of apple cider vinegar another acid drink , they should just qualify this point in their health bulletins.
So many dentists are saying the same thing. People also brush their teeth to soon after and results in loosing lots of the enamel and complaining of sensitivity.
I have ruined my teeth through drinking this every morning and dentist said I am never to do again in my life .Except maybe if eating fish I can have a little . You MUST eat food as soon as you have had lemon . I used to have it then have a shower then eat and thats too late. So beware all .
Before breakfast or 20mins before eating.- Half a lemon in tall glass of warm water and dessertspoon of honey. begore bedtime- same again.
It's good drinking it everyday...but it's not good to make it permanently everyday because it can corrode you're teeth quickly( I'm not joking, it's real information).so it's not really a good option to drink it daily
Is it advisable to have this drink if you have gouts?cause I'm on ginger or banana on an empty stomack every morning..pls tell...tnx