Ayurveda aims at eradicating the disease from its basic roots and emphasizes on providing holistic well being to an individual. It is a non-detrimental mode of treatment with least or no side effects and is a Pranic system of medicine, which works to balance the body’s life energy. It is also devoid of any side effects and calm the mind.
Ayurveda is India’s ancient healing wisdom and the Science of Ayurveda offers essential magnitude of preventive as well as curative restoring potential for human existence and eminence. Whereas the 5000 years old Vedic astuteness inculcates all that is of prime importance to living human life with indefinite potential and holistic harmony, the intricately designed philosophy of Ayurveda healing doctrine has beautiful array of numerous positives for the health and wellbeing of an individual’s body, mind and soul.
Why Ayurveda Is Integral To A Healthy Life?
1. Ayurveda has distinctive healthcare scenario that varies from most of the existing therapies offering health and wellness. This is because Ayurveda acknowledges every individual as a unique being in Nature and takes into consideration the individual state of imbalance and tries to rectify the same. This is what is distinctive of Ayurveda and differs it from conventional western medicine considerably.
2. A unique feature of Ayurveda lies in dealing with the disease of the diseased one. Whereas Ayurveda aims at eradicating the disease from its basic roots, yet at the same time, proper consideration is taken that no new ailment should emerge as a consequence.
3. Ayurveda primarily emphases on providing holistic wellbeing of an individual encompassing all the parameters of mind, body and spirit conjointly. For this objective, the Ayurvedic treatments are aligned at the patient, rather than on the disease.
4. Ayurveda methodology to healthcare is extremely beneficial both in the preventive as well as curative arenas. Ayurveda believes that the human body is the sum total of doshas or the body humours, dhatus or the body tissues and malas or the body wastes. This is evident by the Ayurveda adage – ‘Dosha dhatu mala moo/am hi shareeram’. A natural balance of doshas, dhatus and malas is regarded essential for the normal working both of the body as well as mind.
5. Ayurveda specializes in modifying and balancing the health principles which have their roots in abnormalities of diet, lifestyle and emotional stress and strain. Thus, among all other treatment modalities, Ayurveda could be the best first-line approach for prevention as well as treatment of many lifestyle diseases affecting masses across the globe.
6. Another substantial advantage of Ayurveda therapeutic science of healing lies in the goodness of being non-detrimental mode of treatment with least or no side effects. This is because Ayurveda has the ability to be using only natural resources of herbs and natural ingredients which are well suited and adapted by human beings.
7. The ancient wisdom passed on as Ayurveda text stipulates Ayurvedamassage as comparable to oiling of the wheels of a chariot, which augments the working and benefits the chariot. Similar is the effect of Ayurveda massage therapy on the human body. Ayurveda massages render thorough relaxation to the mind and the central nervous system. Also, when Ayurveda massage is undertaken customarily, this simple practice lays down the foundation of strong immune system.
8. Ayurveda ascertains the three main agencies of biological intelligence as the three “Doshas”: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. These doshas are responsible for movement, metabolism and structure respectively. These three organizing principles control all bodily functions and are responsible for maintaining health. Ayurveda treatments and therapies play substantial role in dosha healing (balancing).
9. Ayurveda is capable of granting great support in the form of providing Indian Ayurveda remedies with an array of Ayurvedic treatments and Ayurvedic therapies, so as to cure a wide variety of diseases and disorders mainly using natural Ayurvedic herbs and herbal formulations. These Ayurveda remedies may be integrated so as to derive cure as well as prevention of so many specific health problems, yet these mainly work by providing cleansing or detoxifying effect on the body systems thus rendering an overall holistic healing.
10. Ayurveda is a Pranic system of medicine, which works to balance the body’s life energy. Thus, this ancient healing Indian science promises holistic healing and not simply cures from diseases. This multiple magnitude of holistic healing is achieved by providing Ayurvedic diet, different types of massages, pouring herbal liquid onto the body, and covering the body with herbal leaves and powders, all of which are focused on balancing the vitiated doshas viz. vata, pitta and kapha (Video). The essential principles of Ayurveda healing are in compliance with one’s constitution and with the laws of nature.
11. Ayurvedic medicines work on the principle of terminating the underlying illness of the patient. Not only this, however the Ayurvedic medicine is curative in action, yet because of the Ayurvedic science being a natural holistic therapy, Ayurvedic medicine, that is centered at relieving the patient from the disease is also at the same time targeted at prevention of relapse of the disease.
12. Ayurveda has developed magnificent treatments for renewing body and deeply centring and settling the mind. The sages and great Vaidyas over the ages created rejuvenation treatments and each of them is carefully prescribed by the Vaidya (Ayurvedic physician) to be well matched to the individual’s age, condition and body type. Apart from herbal decoctions, the program would include synchronized massages, herbal or steam baths and other therapies depending on the medical needs. These Ayurveda therapies greatly support and promote the activity of the body’s innate self-repair mechanisms.
13. Also the Ayurveda Panchakarma treatments provide with thorough detoxification of the body and thus help to eliminate and prevent the accumulation of physiological impurities or the Ama. Not only this, these treatments and Ayurveda procedures help considerably to bring back the doshas into balance.
Once the dosha imbalance is removed by providing thorough detoxification through the Panchakarma therapies, the body’s own healing mechanisms can begin to function in their normal manner. Therefore the Ayurveda Panchakarma and other Ayurvedic detox therapies are known to generate better health, improved digestion and healthier living.