Rasayanas are the ‘wonder’ drugs that aid in increasing your natural immunity, enhancing your general well – being, improving the functioning of all fundamental organs of the body, and keep the signs of early aging at bay.
The word Rasayana is made up of two words: Rasa, which means humor of the body, and Ayana, meaning source.
Rasayana is therefore regarded as the source of all the body humors.
This therapy occupies a prime position in Ayurveda and abides as a distinctive branch that deals with maintaining and ameliorating the body functions, including those of the brain.
Benefits of Ayurveda Rasayana Therapy
There are many advantages to Rasayana therapy:
- Rasayana therapy aids in reviving the health of a healthy person as well as in combating the disease of the diseased one.
- It enables the body to develop its own vital energy or the defensive mechanism against disease.
- Rasayanas are believed to build a barrier against stress and infection.
- These act principally by strengthening the immune system of the body acting as both brain and body tonic.
- Clinical studies have proved Rasayanas to be anti-toxic and anti-infective drugs.
- These are perhaps the only ‘wonder’ drugs that can be taken safely for long stretches of time, even in a healthy state, without any specific contradictions.
Some Important Natural Rasayanas
Herbs and medicinal plants:
Aamla (emblica officinalis), Harad (terminalia chebula), Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia), Ashwagandha (withania somnifera), Nagbala (grewia hirsuta)
loha (iron), swarn (gold), shilajit (black bitumen), praval (coral ore), mukta (pearl), tamra (copper), rajat (silver)
Ayurveda Medicinal Formulations:
Chyanprash avleha, Amrita rasayana, Abhya rasayana, Bhrama rasayana, Punarnava rasayana etc.