Saute 1 cup diced collard greens in extra virgin olive oil for 5 min. Saute 1 small chopped onion and 1/4 cup carrot (sliced into thin wedges) for 5 min. Heat 1 cup of chopped turkey until slightly brown. Cook 1 pkg of quinoa bulgar in chicken or vegetable stock. In a serving bowl, mix the quinoa bulgar, turkey, sauteed veggies, 1 diced green apple, and 2 tbsp diced pecans. Tuck in!
- 1 package of Quinoa & Bulgar
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of turkey, chopped
- 1 cup collard greens, chopped
- 1 green apple diced
- 1 small onion diced
- ¼ cup carrot, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), as needed
- Prepare quinoa and bulgar grains following package instructions. For more a better tasting grains use chicken or vegetable stocks instead of water. When finished set aside.
- Saute chopped collard greens over high heat in a skillet with a tablespoon of EVOO for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add diced onion and thinly sliced carrot wedges and sauteed for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat turkey until slightly brown and warm.
- Peel and chop into small cubes a Granny Smith green apple, set aside.
- In a large serving bowl mix quinoa and bulgar, turkey, collard greens, onions, carrots and apples. Toss in chopped pecans.