In a pot, put 1/3 cup of quinoa with 2/3 cup of water, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 mins and set aside to cool. Add in chia+hemp seeds (1 tbsp each)+a pinch of cinnamon+1/2 tsp vanilla extract+1/2 cup nut milk. Once cool, add a layer of raspberries to the bottom of the jar, followed by quinoa and nut butter. Top with raspberries. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.
I made this quinoa breakfast porridge in a jar last night for my husband to take to work for his breakfast.
He called me during the morning to say he loved it and so did some of his co-workers whom he shared it with, what a nice guy.
This recipe is so easy to make and a fast, healthy option for your breakfast, especially when you are on the run in the morning.
Quinoa is a plant protein that is awesome to add to your menu planning. It’s so versatile and you can add it to soups, casseroles, or make it into salads or porridge.
Adding nut milk, nut butter and raspberries makes this morning quinoa porridge filling and delicious.
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1 tbsp hempseed
- Pinch cinnamon
- Nut butter
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 small mason jar
- Rinse and wash quinoa. Put in a pot with water, cover and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Set aside quinoa to let cool. Add in chia seed, vanilla, nut milk, hemp seed and cinnamon.
- Once cool, add a layer of raspberries to the bottom of the jar, then a layer of quinoa, then a layer of nut butter, a layer of quinoa and nut butter and top with raspberries.
- Put a lid on and store in the fridge overnight and enjoy for breakfast.
Let me know how you like this recipe in the comments section below.