If you’re looking for a nutrient-dense dessert, pumpkin spice bites are the way to go! Quick to make, yummy, and healthy, this dessert can make a great party treat as well!
If you are itching for a quick versatile pumpkin recipe, this one is for you. Perfect to bring to parties and dinners doubling as both an appetizer or dessert, you’ll wow your friends with its taste. Bonus, it is healthy!
Here’s What You Need
- Food Processor
- Medjool Dates (2 cups)
- Walnuts or pecans (2 cups)
- Pumpkin pie puree (3/4 can)
- Shredded coconut (1/2 cup)
- Pumpkin pie spice (to your liking)
- Vanilla extract (4 tsp)
Simply put, they are all real-food, whole ingredients! Nothing artificial, not a thing that is not nourishing to your body. The fact that they taste great is a bonus!
- Soak the medjool dates and remove the pits.
- Pat dry and place in a food processor.
- Add your walnuts (or pecans) and turn on food processor to pulse.
- Add in each ingredient one at a time and pulse to combine. (tip: save some coconut and roll your mixture in it to form a coating if desired).
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet or dish.
- Roll your mixture into little balls and place on the parchment sheet.
- Place your pumpkin bites in the freezer to set for at least 30 min.
The fall season is not the time to deprive yourself, but you also don’t have to go overboard. Why not top off your meal with a nourishing, nutrient-dense dessert that tastes incredibly rich?