Mix 1 cup gluten free flour, 1/3 cup cocoa, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds and a pinch of sea salt. Add 2/3 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix using a food processor. Add chocolate chips and pour into a square pan. Bake 350F for 35 min or until cooked.
These pumpkin brownies are delicious and healthy and are void of eggs, gluten, dairy and nuts.
I don’t have enough finger and toes to count the many times I wanted a brownie after I learned I had food allergies and sensitivities. Not being able to eat dairy, eggs, gluten and soy made making my Mom’s brownie recipe next to impossible. I tried many variations with may substitutes but they were never edible.
Here’s a brownie recipe that does not contain nuts, eggs, gluten and dairy, enjoy!
Pumpkin Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup gluten free flour (e.g. a blend of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, whole grain white sorghum flour, tapioca flour and fava bean flour)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add in wet and combine well, you can mix this in your food processor if you like, or in a bowl.
- Add in chocolate chips
- Pour into a 8×8 square pan
- Bake 350F for 35 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with a side of Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream