Pre-heat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix 2 cups almond flour, 1/2 cup arrowroot flour, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 2 tsp baking powder in a bowl. Melt 4 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp honey in a saucepan, add 1 ripe mashed banana and whisk. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips and bake for 25 min.
Sometimes you just need a special breakfast treat. Well, do I have a treat for you!
These babies are a result of me not having all of the ingredients that I needed for the original scones recipe…
But sometimes improvised recipes are better than the originals. 🙂
Paleo And Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- ¾ cup Chocolate Chips (or however much you want)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan, melt your coconut oil and honey.
- Add mashed banana and whisk together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a ball and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Flatten it out into a disc and cut into 8 pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Apart from delighting your taste buds, this can also be a great healthy addition to your diet. Almond flour has a nutritional advantage over the others as it is packed with nutrients, vitamins and great for heart health. Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that assist in weight loss. It is also beneficial for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
These turned out to be super delicious and didn’t last long in my house!
Have you ever had an improvised recipe turn out better than expected? Share in the comments below!