Tacos are ideal for summer and they also give you variety. Pick up some mushrooms and go ahead with this special vegan oyster recipe.
Summer and tacos go hand in hand and taco varieties are vast. From traditional Mexican street tacos to Korean tacos, there are so many ways to jazz up a tortilla! I love asian fusion in a hand held vehicle so I played around with some meaty mushrooms and whipped up my new fave recipe, vegan oyster mushroom teriyaki tacos! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce of choice
- 4 corn tortillas
- Finely diced green onion, for garnish
- Shredded rainbow cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Pineapple salsa (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms; sauté mixture until brown, about 5 minutes. Mix in teriyaki sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortillas in single layer, draping up sides of skillet to fit.
- Divide mushroom mixture among tortillas, mounding on only 1 side. Fold plain tortilla halves over filling and press firmly. Cook until tortillas are brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer tacos to plates.
- Open tacos; sprinkle with shredded cabbage, chopped green onion, sprinkled sesame seeds and squeeze fresh lime juice on top.