Blend 1 cup dairy-free milk or coconut water, 1/2 medium avocado, 1 cup strawberries, 1 green apple, 1 medium beet, 1 lemon, juiced and 1 tbsp coconut oil, a dash of cinnamon and ginger and serve. This smoothie can help keep you energetic. Also, say a morning affirmation, consume healthy foods and let go of the idea of being perfect at everything.
I have tons of friends who do yoga, but that’s just not me. Meditation happens in the shower, when I am working out or on the toilet. I know it sounds funny, but it is true. I have a business, where I am the financial breadwinner, two kids under the age of 9 and self-care can sometimes slip away.
Meditation needs to happen moment to moment for me. I need to create sacred space for myself daily. I light a candle every morning in my office or use a smudge stick and set my intentions for the day. You may be a person unlike me who meditates for an hour with ease. But, I find motivation and peace, either dancing to Adele, taking a hot shower or reading affirmations by Louise Hay.
When the business woman takes care of herself, the kids are happy, my hubby is happy, my clients are happy and my work skyrockets. When I am running on empty, nothing flows in my life.
Be honest, does this happen to you? I work with stressed out moms and business owners, who have digestive issues, health issues, and anxiety about building a business and teach them simple ways to de-funk the funk.
- Take a shower and say your affirmation. Your morning affirmation will set the stage for the rest of the day.
- Consume blood building foods like this smoothie I drink daily. Any red and purple food gives you a boost of energy.
- Let go of perfection – yep, I said it! That nasty curse word that drains the life out of me. If you can do the above three, we are on our way, and so am I.
- 1 cup dairy-free milk or coconut water
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 green apple
- 1 medium beet
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Dash of cinnamon + ginger
Blend the above ingredients and consume!