Earth element Prithvi, keeps us solid, grounded and structured. To benefit from Mother Nature's abundance and stability, walk bare foot, enjoy a warm oil massage, cook with love, eat more vegetables and add oils to your food. Avoid heavy meals, talk a brisk walk in nature, do yoga asanas like surya namaskar, malasana and pranayama everyday.
The elements (Fire, Earth, Air, Water and Space) manifest in our physical body, our emotional responses and our mentality. They are excellent tools to get to know ourselves much better!
The Earth element, referred to as Prithvi in Ayurvedic texts, is our foundation. Earth is solid, grounded and structured. The beauty and abundance of Mother Earth and the qualities of love and trust are associated with a balanced Earth element. If there’s too little Earth element in our being, we become ungrounded, unstable and not present.
How To Nourish Your Earth Element?
Start to notice how your natural state is, when you feel heavy in body and mind and what makes you feel light and joyful. If you need more solidity in your daily life, then
- Walk bare feet on the ground
- Enjoy a warm oil massage
- Cook with love
- Eat more vegetables, casseroles
- Add oils to your food
Get Grounded With Yoga
Malasana activates the apana vayu which is the force responsible for the downward movement of Prana or energy. It is grounding us through gravity, controlling elimination including bowel movements, urination and menstruation. It is the power behind childbirth. Feel free to prop up your heels with yoga blocks or a rolled up towel.
Feeling Heavy, Low and A Little Rigid?
- Lighten up a bit by decreasing the heaviness of your diet (no fried oily or heavy foods)
- Start to move a little quicker: enjoy a brisk walk in nature, a couple of rounds of sun salutations (Surya Namaskar)
- Add 15-20 minutes of Pranayama to your day
- Try either the longer or shorter yoga sequence to explore the Earth element and how it manifests in you. The focus is how to feel stable and grounded with stamina and alignment.