Nasya is an ayurvedic technique - medicine through the nasal passage. It varies based on the season, individual's prakruti and diseases. It's helps the senses and the circulatory system. It prevents hair loss and greying of hair, controls Parkinson's and facial paralysis. It reduces stress and helps you sleep better. It's not advised for pregnant women, after a meal or after consuming alcohol.
How great it would be to rise and shine daily without any stress, full of mental clarity and peace of mind!
Well, with just five minutes dedicated to ayurveda and with minimum effort, it is now possible. All we need to do is inculcate nasya therapy into our lifestyle.
What Is Nasya?
Instilling the medicine (herbs or medicinal oil) via nasal passage is known as nasya in ayurveda. According to the season, an individual’s prakruti and disorders there are many kinds of nasya.
In this article, we will summarize the simplest form of nasya that can be adopted as part of our lifestyle and done at home.
Organs And Systems With A Positive Impact
Eyes, ears, nose, brain, nerves, circulatory system above neck region.
Neither too cold nor too hot climate, low humidity, clear sky.
Bedtime or morning (empty stomach).
At least twice a week or daily.
Oils Or Medicines To Benefit Nasya
- Classical ayurveda oil
- Coconut oil
- Cow’s ghee (clarified butter)
- Sesame oil
- Mustard oil
- Almond oil
- Lie on a bed with the head hanging over the end and apply two drops of warm chosen oil or ghee into each nostril.
- Pinch both nostrils, start to inhale and immediately remove fingers to allow for a deep inhalation – repeat several times to allow substance to penetrate sinus cavities.
- Massage the forehead, above and below the eyebrows, on the sides of the nose and under the cheekbones.
- Cough up and spit out any mucus that forms in the throat – blow your nose if necessary, and do not suppress sneezing (have your tissues handy).
- Finish by gargling with salt water and then keep the head warm and dry for rest of the day.
- Prevents greying of hair
- Prevents ageing
- Controls hair loss
- Prevents stiffness of neck and jaws
- Prevents migraine and headaches
- Checks facial paralysis
- Helps in control of Parkinson’s’ disease
- Eliminates stress
- Aids in a better, sound sleep
- Strengthens the neck and head region
- Brings glow to the face
- Improves clarity of mind
- Makes voice smooth and clear
- Cleanses the sense organs
- Clears out the debris of nasal passages
- Children below 8 years
- Pregnant women
- Menstruating women
- Immediately before or after shower
- After meals
- Acute fever, diarrhoea, hypertension
- After alcohol consumption
Is it late to make this wonderful therapy a part of our lives? It is never too late. So just try it for 21 days and see its benefits for yourself.