Peel 2 large cucumbers using a julienne peeler, avoiding the seeds. Place cucumber noodles in a colander to drain. For dressing mix 1 tsp honey, white miso+tahini+ponzu sauce+vinegar (2 tsp each), 1″ ginger (grated), 1-2 tbsp water. Whisk until smooth. Squeeze noodles to get out excess water. Add the dressing a little at a time to taste and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
During summer, it is all about fruits and veggies. I love water-rich peaches, berries, tomatoes, and cucumbers fresh from the farmers market or made into a quick salad. It just feels right when the sun is shining and the beach is calling.
While I normally take my favorite Shun Nakiri knife and chop chop chop, this time I am using a julienne peeler for a fun, quick alternative to slices and cubes.
If you are like me, kitchen gadgets are like books. You can never have enough, but you need a bigger house to store them all. Thank goodness this peeler is small, adorable and stays sharp for all your peeling needs. Lucky guy escaped the donation pile!
I adore the asian flavors of miso, shoyu, sesame, and ponzu. They also make for a needed respite from ranch and omnipresent vinaigrettes. Leftover dressing is great on tofu or tempeh.
Miso Cucumber Noodles [Recipe]
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 tsp white miso
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp ponzu sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar (ume plum vinegar or rice vinegar are great with this recipe)
- 1 tsp honey or other liquid sweetener
- 1″ fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Using a julienne peeler, peel the cucumbers, avoiding the seeds.
- Place cucumber noodles in a colander and allow to drain while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add more water for a thinner, more dilute dressing.
- Squeeze cucumber noodles to get out excess water and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the dressing a little at a time to taste. You may have leftover dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe aims to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover!