Green Machine Smoothie: Blend 1 cup spinach, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 cups chilled unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 scoop wheat-grass until smooth and drink chilled. This boosting digestion and energy in the mornings. Check out recipes for curried Lentil soup (dahl) for lunch and oven baked Salmon for dinner.
I don’t know about you, but I often struggle with meal ideas, especially when I have to factor in breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then, what happens when you have kids or a finicky husband with meal restrictions? Sometimes, we just need help.
Here’s a quick and easy meal plan to help inspire you in your wellness goals and menu planning!
Breakfast: Green Machine Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chilled unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop wheat-grass or green super-food powder
Blend all the ingredients until smooth and serve.
Lunch: Zarina’s Curried Lentil Soup (Dahl)
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup yellow split peas
- ½ cup orange lentils
- ½ cup green lentils
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black/brown mustard seeds (available in bulk herb/spice section)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Japanese eggplant chopped into 1 inch pieces – julienne
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon powdered chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped garlic
- cilantro to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine water, split peas and lentils (yellow, orange, green) along with turmeric, eggplant, salt and chili peppers. Bring to boil.
- Melt butter in a separate pot and add onions, cumin, mustard seed and garlic. Cook until the onions become caramelized and add it to the lentils.
- Continue to cook until it turns into a thick base, consistently beating to crush up lentils, forming a nice thick soup.
- Cooking time is approximately one hour.
Serve with rice.
Dinner: Perfect Oven Baked Salmon
- 500 g wild sockeye salmon fillet (or organic tofu)
- 1/2 sliced yellow onion
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 whole sliced lemon
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Place salmon fillet in a large piece of tinfoil. If using tofu, slice tofu block into 2-3 servings.
- Arrange onion and lemon slices over top of salmon or tofu.
- Sprinkle garlic, ginger and dill.
- Squeeze lemon on top.
- Wrap Salmon or tofu tightly in the foil.
- Bake at 325° for approximately 45 minutes, or until salmon or tofu is cooked through.
Serve with your choice of side.