Here's how you could make lip balm at home for healing. First, melt one spoon of grated beeswax or beeswax pastilles in a double boiler. Next, add one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil and a dash of raw organic honey when half of the beeswax is no longer solid.Once it's blended together and melted, stir the content of 2 Vitamin E capsules.Pour into a container and let it cool. Once cooled apply in moderation. This lip balm will help you seal moisture and sink into the skin.
Lips are very susceptible to drying out, since they are exposed to the elements and have a very thin layer of skin to protect them. And, we all know how lip balms can be a true savior! This is when we resort to fancy lip balms available in the market. However, commercial lip balms contain ingredients that feel great on your lips at first, and then leave you with the need to put on some more just 2 to 3 hours after. They dry up, and make your skin even drier. They also create a barrier by sitting on top of skin, and locking out any moisture it might get from the air. Due to such reasons, I tried making a homemade lip balm which felt great on my lips! Here are the ingredients and how you can go about making this at home.
How to make Lip Balm at Home?
This homemade lip balm will help you seal in moisture, and sink into your lips. This means no barrier on your lips. You could also use a homemade exfoliator with this to get best results.
1. Beeswax: Firstly, beeswax gives your lip balm the stiffness and body required, to be transported and applied. It is also a great moisturizer for your lips and protects you from the elements.
2. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil moisturizes your lips deep down and doesn’t just coat it like commercial products. The fatty acids in coconut oil hold onto the moisture and reinforce the skin’s lipid layer that promotes hydration.
3. Honey: Honey is a natural ingredient which is known to lighten dark lips. It is also a natural humectant, which means it holds and attracts water molecules. This one’s easily available too!
5. Essential Oil (optional) – This is just for the added fragrance.
– Melt one spoon of grated beeswax or beeswax pastilles in a double boiler
– Next, add one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil and a dash of raw organic honey when half of the beeswax is no longer solid
– Once it’s blended together and melted, stir the content of 2 Vitamin E capsules
– Pour into a container and let it cool. Once cooled apply in moderation
Edited by Pragya Sharoff