Blend 1.5 cups raw, unsalted macadamia nuts and 1/4 tsp salt to dough consistency. Form balls and refrigerate (on parchment paper) for 30 mins. Melt 3 tbsp dark chocolate and 1 tbsp whole fat cream in microwave for 30 secs and stir until creamy. Pierce each ball with a toothpick and dip into melted chocolate to coat evenly. Place on same sheet and refrigerate.
This delicious Macadamia Dark Chocolate Truffles recipe was kindly shared by Pam Vagnieres.
Nutritional Benefits Of Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts contain the least amount of (potentially inflammatory) omega-6 linoleic acid as any nut and are rich in minerals such as magnesium, manganese, copper, and iron.
Macadamia nuts are rich in healthy fats and will become the creamy, flavorful center of these delightful treats. With less than 1g of sugar, you can’t beat these “truffle like” balls of yumminess! See the flavor options below to creatively flavor these truffles to your own tastes.
Macadamia Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1.5 cups raw, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp organic whole fat heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dark chocolate (use food processor to chop fine)
- 1 tbsp melted chocolate
- 1/8 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/8 cup finely shredded dried coconut
- Blend the macadamia nuts and salt in a food processor until the nuts are creamy and are the consistency of dough. Add in “Flavor Option” of your choice, or leave it plain macadamia.
- Using a small cookie scoop (to speed up this step) or your hands, form the macadamia dough into balls. If using your hands to form balls, it will help to chill the dough first. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Freeze macadamia balls for 30 or more minutes until set.
- Melt chocolate and cream in microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir until creamy and smooth.
- Pierce each with a toothpick from the flat bottom of the Truffle and dip chilled balls into melted chocolate to coat the rounded top and sides. I don’t coat the flat bottom of the ball.
- Place back on lined cookie sheet, flat side down and refrigerate until set.
- Store truffles you will eat soon in the refrigerator. Keep truffles in the freezer for longer storage.
Note: These truffles have the delicate flavor of chocolate and macadamia. You may leave them as is, or add a flavor option of your choice.