In a bowl add and mix 1 ripe banana (mashed)+1/2 cup sugar+1 tbsp cornstarch+1 tbsp coconut oil. In a separate bowl add and mix 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour+1/2 tsp baking soda+1 tsp baking powder. Combine the flour mixture with the wet ingredients and mix. Add to it 40-60g of mini chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins and enjoy their chewy texture!
These cookies happen to be low-fat as well as vegan, with gluten free option too! So here is the recipe:
Chewy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies [Recipe]
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup flour (I used a gluten free flour mix which worked the best in my opinion!)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet ingredients and mix.
- Then add about 40-60g chocolate chips. (I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips because they are smaller, and vegan of course!)
- Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.
Now for the bonus “recipe” (if you even call it a recipe) – The chocolate mousse you can dip your cookies in. Yep that is right!
All you need for the chocolate mousse is:
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or any dairy free kind)
- 2/3 – 1 scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder (I used Vega Sport)