Mix 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup oats, 1 cup flour, 1 large super ripe (black) banana, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1 tsp cornstarch, and 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries and pour into an oiled pan. Bake for 20 mins at 350F. For the frosting, mix icing sugar (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp), 1/3 of a prickly pear or cactus pear, and a little almond milk or water.
I am on a mission. To spread the vegan message, help others do the same, show how easy, simple and delicious it is to be vegan.
Make dessert recipes that do not make you feel bad for eating a whole bunch of them! These blueberry muffins with a naturally made pink icing accomplish just that!
Low-Fat Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins [Recipe]
Makes about 12 small muffins.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 large super ripe (black) banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any kind will do!)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Mix all of the wet ingredients first.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and at the very last, add the blueberries.
- Place in an oiled muffin pan (I used coconut oil).
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes at 350.
How To Prepare All-Natural Pink Frosting!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- About 1/3 of a prickly pear or cactus pear (you could also use strawberries, but the color won’t be as vibrant, or beets if you do not mind the taste)
- A little bit of almond milk or water to mix (not too much because you do not want the icing to be too thin)
- Mix everything together and adjust it in any way you would like.
I also added buckwheat groats on top just to make them look pretty!