To lose weight and be healthy, in the long run, you must consume less and burn more. Remember not to skip breakfast, consume lean protein, avoid simple carbohydrates and fast food and opt for complex carb., Eat smaller portions and avoid late night snacking, Drink Plenty of water, exercise and get good quality sleep.
Losing weight in a short span of time can be quite of an uphill task for many. Now Generally to lose about 10 pounds in a week, people resort to crash diets, the general motor diet plan or hours in the gym. There are several diet plans that can help you shed weight easily in 7 days, but they generally end up leaving you sick and nutrition deprived. There are other ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle with nutrition, fitness, proper sleep and hydration. Now, these strategies not only help you lose weight in a week, but are also healthy for you in the long run.
Tips to Lose 10 Pounds in 7 Days:
1. Consume less, burn more: Firstly, it is very important to watch your calories when you’re on a weight loss plan. Now, one pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. So, you must burn 3500 calories more than you take in with food. This does not mean that you go into starvation mode. This can be achieved by dietary changes and exercise. So, instead of crash dieting reduce your calorie intake to about 1200 calories a day and burn more. For weight loss in 7 days, you must burn 5000 calories a day. Now, a person burns about 2000 calories a day with daily routine activities, and consumes more. To shed off weight, you must push yourself to burn 5000 calories. This can be achieved by walking, taking the stairs and exercise.
2. Do not skip breakfast: Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and is very important for weight loss. Studies have shown that people who have breakfast have relatively lower BMI’s than of those who skip breakfast. So, start your day with a bowl of oatmeal or cereal topped with fruit and low fat dairy. Remember to consume protein, and avoid oily or fried foods.
3. Consume lean protein: Lean proteins will prevent you from overeating keeping you full for longer. You can consume tofu, peanut butter, nuts, beans, skinless chicken breast and other sources of lean protein. Also, try consuming something every 2 to 3 hours to maintain your blood sugar level.
4. Avoid Simple Carbohydrates and Fast Food: Simple or refined carbohydrates get absorbed easily and provide zero nutrition. Fast foods are loaded with trans-fat and and filled with sugar and salt with no nutritional value. Hence it is advisable to completely stay away from these both if you want to shed those calories.
5. Opt for Complex Carbs: Complex carbohydrates are packed with fiber and nutrients, and also get digested slowly. Choose for foods like brown rice, whole-grain pasta, fruits and vegetables instead.
6. Eat smaller portions and avoid late night snacking: Now reducing your portion can boost your metabolism which leads to weight loss. Late night snacking is another reason for those extra calories. It is advisable to finish your dinner before 9 pm, and avoid eating anything post-dinner.
7. Drink Plenty of water: It is advisable to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Water helps keeping you hydrated, avoiding your hunger pangs and id devoid of calories, also very important for your health.
8. Exercise: It is very important to burn the calories you have consumed, and exercise is one of the most effective ways to go about it. You can try compound exercises like bench press, squats, clean and press etc.
9. Good Quality Sleep: While sleeping, you lose weight through two processes, namely respiration when you exhale and transpiration through your skin, also called sweating. All these factors contribute to weight loss. Hence, it is very important to get good quality sleep.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff