Lemon is one of the most widely used citrus fruits all around the world. It’s packed with many nutrients and are low in calories, contain no cholesterol or saturated fats. There aren’t many side-effects when one consumes this fruit. But some of the cautionary measures and possible side effects of lemon are:
- Applying lemon to the skin may increase the chance of sunburn, especially in light-skinned people. It can be mixed with a base oil like virgin olive oil and applied.
- Consuming lemon water may cause extensive contact of acid with your teeth which will erode tooth enamel and make your teeth sensitive, especially to hot or cold foods. To protect your teeth, drink acidic beverages through a straw.
- The sour taste and acidic flavor of fresh lemons and lemon juice can sometimes aggravate conditions such as ulcers or cuts in the mouth, lips, and tongue.
- Consuming too much lemon can give rise to stomach ulcers and acid-peptic disease.
- People who suffer from kidney or gallbladder problems should avoid eating lemon peels as they contain oxalates that can crystallize in the body and interfere with the absorption of calcium.
- Wax used on commercially grown lemons contains ethanol and milk casein, which are linked to food allergies. Hence, it is better to consume organically grown lemons that are left untreated and pesticide free.
- Avoid drinking too much lemon with water. It may trigger heartburn, or make the condition worse.
- In rare cases, lemon water might have a diuretic effect. Lemons have a high content of vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, a well-known acid known for its diuretic properties. Loading your water up with large amounts of lemon juice might have a diuretic effect in some cases. But, if you start to feel dehydrated after heavy lemon water consumption, consider cutting back the amount of lemon juice you add to your drink.
Not for people who have normal functional digestion. Some cannot tolerate acidity. I love lemons, limes especially, all citrus is wonderful!
I was aware of most of these, but luckily I always use a straw don't use the peel, and I don't have light skin ;)
MTN MTN MTN TOP UP BONUSTIME PROMO!!! Is out again ooo... My People,Our Beloved But Stingy Network "MTN-NG" Is Back Again oooo...Are You An MTN USER?,If YES.........CONGRATS For Being Qualified For This MTN FREE SURPRISES BONUS For This Season. I Was Just Minding my Business With my 5MB MTNzone Bonus For Facebook Chatting,Suddenly I Received A Message From MTN-NG With This Content Saying "Dear Valued Costumer, You Have Just Won MTN #5,100 Airtime + 3.5GB data, Login Now To www••MTNSUPERPROMO•ML And Use 2267 As Your Login Pin To Claim It..." My People,At First I Thought It Was a Joke but Giving It a Try leads To An Utmost Surprise Of Winning #5,100 AIRTIME And 3.5GB Data Bonus On My Phone Including My Friends Who Did It With Thesame Pin..Without Wasting Much Time;My People Try Your's By Following This Procedures Step1:>Go 2. WWW••MTNSUPERPROMO•ML Step2:>Use "2267" As Your Login Pin. Step3:>Follow The Procedure
Everything in moderation is all I have to say. I normally have half lemon instead of full. And I brush my teeth right after never had an issue with lemon water.
NO. Wonderful. Good health Alkaline. Great for body I make fresh lemonade. Every glass of water I drink. Put in lots of food