Beauty is considered as an important value in today's world. It arrests the attention of each and every person. Nowadays everybody is in the race to look beautiful as it boosts the confidence level. Ayurveda, from time immemorial has given invaluable gifts of medication to the mankind. Kumkumadi Tailam is one that eradicates all skin problems.Every day we have to...
Kumkumadi Tailam known as “Saffron oil” is an amalgamation of 16 ingredients with functions ranging from skin softening to lightening.
Beauty is considered as an important value in today’s world. It arrests the attention of each and every person. Nowadays everybody is in the race to look beautiful as it boosts the confidence level. Ayurveda, from time immemorial has given invaluable gifts of medication to the mankind. Kumkumadi Tailam is one that eradicates all skin problems.
Every day we have to battle against the deadly wrath of environment such as scorching sun, wind, smoke, dust and dry weather. These results in dark circles, tanned skin, pimples, and blemishes on the face. Kumkumadi Tailam benefits include cosmetic as well as therapeutic benefits to the face. On the contrary, the cosmetics that promise to repair the skin are filled with harsh chemicals, and damage the skin with unintended side effects.
Benefits of Kumkumadi Tailam:
1. Kumkumadi Tailam benefits include curing dark circles, pimples and blemishes and adding radiance to the face. It works as a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and sunscreen. Basically it nourishes the skin.
2. Kumkumadi Tailam consists of herbs like turmeric and sandalwood, which have the ability to lighten the skin tone. This, along with their ability to remove skin blemishes, gives the oil the property of lightening the skin under the eyes.
3. Saffron oil works like magic on the skin, replenishing the skin with vital nutrients, softening the facial muscles and texture of skin. It cleans pores and even skin tone, bestowing the face with a healthy glow.
4. Kumkumadi Tailam nourishes the skin with phytoconstituents that have an impact on skin health. Its regular use has an anti-ageing affect and keeps the skin young and healthy.
5. Kumkumadi Tailam contains saffron with healing properties which helps in removing blackheads and acne.
6. Kumkumadi Tailam also consists of turmeric that benefits us as an anti-inflammatory and anti- bacterial agent. This helps to reduce the severity of skin problems.
7. Saffron oil has anti-bacterial trait and hence it is used as an herbal antiseptic. Hence, it is used for curing bruises, scotches and also burns.
8. Kumkumadi Tailam tones the skin and increases blood circulation.
9. Kumkumadi Tailam is a good facial massage oil. Take two or three drops of this oil and massage into your face, and leave it on for twenty minutes. In a few weeks, you will begin to notice a remarkable improvement in the texture and complexion of your skin. It is safe to use for all skin types and skin tones.
10. Kumkumadi Tailam helps in illuminating the skin colour thereby awakening the beauty goddess within.
Ayurveda’s concept of Kunkumadi Tailam:
Kumkumadi Tailam in Ayurveda is described as a “Miraculous Elixir”. It does not promise immediate solutions. Based on Ayurveda concepts, it heals the body in a slow and sustained manner, clearing the impurities from within and outside the body.
26 Ingredients of Kumkumadi Tailam are:
- Keshara-saffron-Crocus sativus
- Chandana– Pterocarpus santalinus
- Laksha– Laccifer lacca
- Manjishta-Rubia cordifolia
- Kaliyaka-Berberis aristata
- Usheera-Vetiveria zizianioides
- Padma-Prunus cerasoides
- Neelotpala-Nymphaea stellata
- Nyagrodha-Ficus bengalenis
- Plaksha-Ficus lacor
- Kamala Keshara-Pollen of Lotus- Nelumbonucifera
- Bilva-Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha-Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka-Oroxylum indicum
- Patala-Stereospermum suaveolens
- Shalaparni-Desmodium gangeticum
- Prinshnaparni-Urarica picta
- Gokshura-Tribulus terrestris
- Brihati-solanum indicum
- Kantakari-Slanum xanthocarpum
- Madhuka-Madhuca longifolia
- Pattanga-Caesalpinia sappan
- Yastimadhu-Licorice-Glycyrrhiza glabra