Your fruit peels contain some of the most incredible nutrients. Banana and orange peels have both medicinal and practical uses that are unknown to most. Some benefits of orange peels are that it improves digestion, treats bad breath, insomnia, can be great for both the skin and the hair, is great for dandruff and hangovers. Banana peels can be used for teeth whitening, as a shoe polish, removes warts, helps cure headaches and wrinkles.
Your fruit peels contain some of the most incredible nutrients. They could come handy in many ways, if used appropriately. Banana and orange peels have both medicinal and practical uses that are unknown to most. Let’s have a look at the benefits these two fruit peels have.
Uses of Orange Peels:
Always try sticking to organic oranges, and if not you could use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar in 1 cup of water to help remove almost any pesticide remaining within the outer peel.
1. Improves Digestion: According to Ayurveda, Orange peel is bitter and it helps remove sluggishness in the abdomen. It helps in perking the appetite. It also helps remove gas, acidity, heartburn and vomiting. Orange peels also contain Essential oil d-limonene that has the ability to defuse stomach acids and maintain normal intestinal movements.
2. Insomnia: Orange peels contains essential oils that are sedative in nature and can be used to calm nerves and induce sleep. Use orange peels in baths or simmer in a pot for uplifting your mood and drive away insomnia.
3. Bad Breath: Instead of using a mouth freshener, chew on an orange peel to fight against bad breath.
4. Hangover Cure: After a night of heavy drinking, orange peels could come of great use for your hangover. Mix orange peel and salt in boiling water for 20 mins. Drink this mixture once kit cools to cure your hangover.
5. Dandruff Cure: Grind orange peel with water and leave it overnight. Apply this onto the hair to get rid of dandruff. This also helps to condition and cleanse.
6. Great for the skin: Orange peels can help you get rid of blackheads, dead cells, acne, pores, blemishes, dark circles, dry skin, and brighten your face.You could also use this as a tan remover by applying this with milk or curd. Also, rub it on your nails to make them shine.
Uses of Banana Peels:
1. Teeth Whitening: Rub the insides of the banana peel once per day for about two weeks teeth stains and whiten them without using harsh chemicals.
2. Shoe Polish: Banana peels can be great to shine and polish your leather shoes. Simply rub the soft inside of a piece of ripe peel over the leather to refresh, clean, and shine!
3. Remove Warts: Banana peels can be great for removing warts and also working as a prevention method for them. Simply tape (or otherwise fasten) a piece of banana peel to the wart overnight for about a week. Alternately, you can just rub the banana peel on the affected area daily.
4. Headaches: Yes, banana peels can be great for headaches. Just place the banana peel across your forehead and your headaches will reduce.
5. Wrinkles: Banana peels have amazing healing properties. When applied to skin, it can reduce wrinkles and tighten the skin.
Edited by Pragya Sharoff
You just clean and break a whole banana in to, making sure you pull down some of the peel. Boil 3 or 4 cups of water. When it starts to boil, drop the nanner in, and turn down the heat to medium. Simmer for 45 minutes. I made batches when I went through a rough sleeping patch, cause it takes so long.
but for how long you can keep the peels because after some time they start to get dry please let me know...
Orange peel i use it for refreshing in the house i boil it with water until the smels of the orange come out.
@KennyHealth fantastic tips Niamh!
@sosaechanis I do it just for the health benefits