Curejoy Expert Dr.Janardhana Hebbar Explains:
Ancient Ayurvedic text explains incompatible foods (virudh aahar) as two or more food ingredients when combined are not good for your health. Foods may be incompatible because they create a negative reaction in the body, generate additional water in the body (kleda) that can lead to skin conditions, block the body’s channels, contribute to heart disease or lead to indigestion.
According to Ayurveda, every food has its own taste (rasa), a heating or cooling energy (virya) and post-digestive effect (vipak). When two or three different food substances of different taste, energy and post-digestive effect are combined together digestive fire (agni) can become overloaded inhibiting the enzyme system and resulting in production of toxins in the system.
Incompatible foods according to Ayurveda
- Milk should not be eaten with fish as milk is a coolant and fish has a hot potency that vitiates the blood and causes obstruction of the body’s channels (srotas).
- Chicken or fish should not be combined with milk, sesame, or sprouted grains as it may lead to digestive problems.
- Salt and milk together should be avoided due to antagonistic qualities in the two.
- Milk and melons (or any fruit) must not be consumed together because milk is a laxative and melon a diuretic, the combination creating a sour stomach and lots of acidity.
- Banana should not be eaten with milk, yogurt or buttermilk because the combination can diminish digestion, produce toxins and lead to cold, cough, and allergies.
- Avoid cold or iced drinks during or directly after a meal as the cold diminishes digestive fire (agni) causing a host of digestive problems, allergies, and colds.
- Ghee and honey must not be mixed in equal quantities as they have opposite reactions in the body. Honey has a heating, drying, scraping action whereas ghee has a cooling, moisturizing quality.
- Sweet and sour fruits should not be combined. Individual fruits should be eaten as is and as a different meal.
- Sour fruits should not to eaten or combined with milk.
- Avoid eating raw and cooked foods together. One can have the salad first and then proceed for dinner after a short gap.
- Starches are incompatible with eggs, milk, bananas, dates and persimmons.
- Radishes should not be combined with milk, bananas and raisins.
- Potato, tomato, eggplant, and chillies are incompatible with yogurt, milk, melon and cucumber.
- Eggs should not be eaten with milk, meat, yogurt, melons, cheese, fish, and bananas.
- Mangoes are incompatible with yogurt, cheese and cucumbers.
- Corn is incompatible with dates, raisins and bananas.
- Lemon should not be consumed with yogurt, milk, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet there all rubbish God has giving you Brain just use your common sense if you have any
Half the crap this page posts is bullshit, the people who created aryuveda ate the same combinations
Oh dear, so ..... One can't make these combinations: Mung, Rice and Kadhi Urad in Yoghurt mixture Tomatoes, Raisins in Biryani Dhosa with Yoghurt Chutney and Sambhar Mango Lassi Apple pie and CustardI don't really agree with this post. Someone is misleading us!
Soooo no more tacos and burritos ..fk im hispanic i like to balance my PH with rice and beans but no meat or cheese seem a bit NAZI ehh but never said it was healthy
But the Indians routinely use beans, legumes (lentils, chick peas, Chana dal, urad dal, masoor dal, etc) cooked in various sauces with heavy cream, yogurt and meats. I'm confused.
It's very interesting. I personally stay away from milk and dairy because I believe it has an inflammatory effect on the body. The other items it mentioned as having interactions with one another are new to me!
Lots of thse food taste good together beans cheese egg. Rice and fruit and yogurt taste so good asp mango
Sometimes, if you are out of topic to post, it is better not to post anything at all rather thab posting rubbish that will tarnish your reputation. I do not know who this Dr is, but this us the second rubbish post I saw from him. Utterly rubbish. I am from the east, and looking at it, there is very little Chinese or Indian dishes you can basically eat. Please help yourself and fired this guy, am not sure if he is qualified.
this site gets close to it with planting http://www.realfarmacy.com/gardening-companion-planting-chart/
On the same topic, Voir: le guide des combinaisons alimentaires. Not easy to accept, but wise to observe, and follow.
Most of the things are combined in the modern days as shakes or as a combination in salads..its a grt info but am.sure most of us are taking wrong combos like banana milk shakes...or mango yogurt or cucumber salsa as in with lemon..doing harm.as per ayurved
And why is so expensive anything related to Ayurvedic medicine, I went to the Ayurvedic fair in Portland and could not buy literally anything, I have cancer and want to make changes since years ago and it's just impossible when you are low income and immigrant and alone in USA, I asked to this lady that makes her own super expensive perfumes about an Ayurvedic deodorant and she answer me laughing not even making eye contact saying we don't use deodorant, then I asked how come, then she said, look I invest lots of money on what I eat that's why I don't smell, and stuff like that, all this people they feel they are so exclusive their attitude is so rude and cold, I doubt they meditate looks like they have a double moral, they charge tons of money for 10mins of telling you pretty much what you already know about yourself, how is this supposed to help the community, if you have knowledge the best will be to share it without charging you an eye of your face, I'm going to the Seattle Ayurvedic fair next weekend and I'm sure the same "vendors" will be there, it's a total capitalist elitist movement they have here in USA, nothing to do with ancient scriptures and rituals, how are we supposed to change to all this alternatives if you don't have the $$$$ to buy an advice, how can we end the animal cruelty for example if you can't afford this kind of products that claim to be cruelty free, if when you go home can't afford so many organic spices and grains to make a meal and you end up cooking scramble eggs with winco's turmeric, I learn more from the anarcopunk movement and they didn't charge anything to all the youth that wanted to learn alternatives when they have their annual congresses in Mexico!