Large skin pores can cause acne and blackheads, especially if you have oily skin. Avoid products that clog pores, increase oil glands' production or cause skin drying. Use clay masks to absorb excess oil and products with rosemary or lavender, that soothe and reduce skin expansion. Other remedies are oatmeal or baking soda paste with water and sea salt scrub.
Curejoy Expert Dipti Mothay Explains How To Minimize Pores:
Pores are small openings in your skin. You need to minimize pores or shrink it because open or large pores on the skin can contribute to problems like acne and blackheads, especially for people with oily skin. Excess sebum, along with dirt and bacteria, tends to clog the pores. To make matters worse, blackheads tend to make pores more visible and look even larger.
It’s important to know that you can’t actually “shrink”pores, because they don’t have muscles, they can’t open or close. So although you can’t physically change the structure of your pores by making them smaller, there are things that you can do to minimize their appearance.
Shrink Large Pores Naturally
- Stop using skin-care products that clog pores or cause your oil glands to produce more oil.
- Avoid products with drying, irritating ingredients.
- Absorb excess oil. Clay masks can be great at absorbing oil and are an option, as long as they do not contain other ingredients that are irritating.
- Picking products wisely and choosing products with soothing ingredients such as rosemary and lavender may ease irritation and prevent pores from stretching out.
- Exfoliating two or three times per week stops your pores from having to expand to hold extra oil or other buildup in your skin.
- Add water to oatmeal and make a thick paste, then spread over skin.
- Rub your skin gently with warm water and sea salt for a light scrubbing effect.
- Mix equal parts of baking soda and water into a fine paste and gently massage over your skin.
To get the best results from your home-made scrub, use it after taking a hot shower or steaming your face with a hot towel to open up your pores. The steam and heat will allow your scrub to get deeper into the pores and whisk away any clogging agents that are keeping your pores open wider.